Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

*Secret Santa* UPDATE (39th post)

Please post to this thread when your package has arrived!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

A really BIG thanks to all our YN sponsors!!

Comments

• Interesting idea...
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting indeed!
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    how about if I P.M. you my info

Not going to send my info to some unknown to me E-mail addy
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • A PM is fine also.... I just set up the email address specifically for this endeavor so that the messages didn't get "lost" or overlooked among other messages.

IF you DO send your info by PM, and don't hear back from me by the 9th, PM again ~ Thanks, Raquel
  • YN's are encouraged to sign up even if they cannot participate in an exchange!! See the *Secret Santa* info above...
  • Did you get my P.M?
  • ima YN and i would like to join and send a gift but i may not be able to do a high priced gift in return

is there a set price range?

• << <i>ima YN and i would like to join and send a gift but i may not be able to do a high priced gift in return

is there a set price range? >>

No set price range! Everyone puts down an amount that they are comfortable with... I will group the participants by price range - participants in each group will have their spending price range set at or below the amount that they listed! Any amount is fine, as we have many members at both ends of the financial spectrum!! image
  • Cmon we need some more YN's !
  • bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    HEY YNs!!!

There is also a grab bag sponsered by MorganHunter2 for all YNs over here. Third post down from the top. Read it, PM MorganHunter2, and get coins!

So you can get in here for the Secret Santa and for the GRAB BAG. The GRAB BAG is no cost to you! It is all donations for YN like you!!!

Bstat
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be looking forward to your PM
  • It's Saturday - last day to join the fun!!
  • What does YN meanimage

• << <i>What does YN meanimage >>

A YN is a "Young Numismatist"... generally speaking, a child with a budding interest in numismatics that should be fostered for life-long enjoyment... image
  • Thanksimage
  • Participant UPDATE:

We have a total of 29 participating Forum Members... and 15 are YN's!!

~ A big Thank-You to the Secret Santa "Sponsors", who made sure that no YN was left out ~
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff on the way. Yours also Raqual. The animals were a stretch.

Ken
    coins mailed priority and on the way

• coins mailed priority and on the way
    image should have them today? MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Packages sent. First class with DC, DC#s PMed.

We should have some happy YNs this year. image

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Received my package, Thanks Musky.
    My 1st bust quarter!! and some other great coins!
    Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year!
  • Received a surprise present from my secret Santa today-wasn't even expecting one. Thanks Santa Schefler-I very much appreciate your gift and will enjoy it with my son. Merry Christmas!
    Tom
    Crazy old man from Missouri
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Got my package a few days ago.
    Thanks Sectret Santa. image

Tracked some other Sectret Santa packages......one arrived but needs to be picked up & the other left the 'large city's' P.O. yesterday.
    Hope you 2 have been good boys! image
    Received Secret Santa Package in the mail

I musta been a good boyimage

Jim

• TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my package a few days ago.
    Thanks Sectret Santa. image

Tracked some other Sectret Santa packages......one arrived but needs to be picked up & the other left the 'large city's' P.O. yesterday.
    Hope you 2 have been good boys! image >>

Come on Ajia, Musky1011, and others, What Did SANTA CLAUS bring to your kids?

TC71

TC71,

Dad was a good boy. image I mean image

Poor Amanda.....Santa is still deciding whether she was good or not! image

Haven't Received a Y.N. Santa Package Yetimage

Must be kinda heavy- All that coal

Jim

• Are parents of the YNs intercepting the packages, and holding them untill Christmas? image

Nobodys posting what they got, so I wonder.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

lonelyp,

I kinda like it better not saying what we got, specifically.
    No feelings of 'he got something better than I did.'
    I do think it would be nice to state that the gift arrived.

I got mine.

JMO,
    Augie

UPDATE

Amanda's gift came in today. Now she has another gift under the tree. image
  • To: secret santa from saint peters

Thank you so much for my gift! I will take good care of it. I love indian head pennies, their my favorite type of coin.
    And for the 2nd time THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT!

P.S- Raquel that was the coolest shark i have ever seen the pictures are awsome. i really like sharkes a lot!

• << <i>lonelyp,

I kinda like it better not saying what we got, specifically.
    No feelings of 'he got something better than I did.'
    I do think it would be nice to state that the gift arrived.

I got mine.

JMO,
    Augie

UPDATE

Amanda's gift came in today. Now she has another gift under the tree. image >>

Thats a very good point Augie. I didn't think of that.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Well.... considering different people were in different price ranges and/or sponsored..... I don't really think there's much chance of "comparing" what one person received with what another received!

ALSO - there are many packages that were just delivered yesterday & today.... and a 2 or 3 expected Saturday or Monday!!
  • Another very good point.

And I wasn't thinking of a completely itemized list. But, something like:
    I got so many Xs, and a couple Ys, and a fantastic Z.

It would be nicer for us elves, than just "I got my package today thanks alot".

JMO

PS

Baharr's post hits the mark I was thinking of.

• I do know that some YN's won't be able to express their joy until at least the 25th... image

But I do think that if someone wants to post a pic of their YN opening the package.... or post their favorite item.... or just say "I loved the ________".... it should all be good ~
  • themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Secret Santa in CA.
    From YN's Amaya/Austin Morelli

The grandchildren were very excited to receive their coins from Santa. Their father is in Iraq until next November. I wanted to post pictures of the grandchildren and their father but I am having no luck. All of the files are too big. If anyone can give me some assistance, I will be happy to edit and post pictures.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
    Fort Bragg
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
    PM Sent to Louis.
    Louis, Hope this works for you.

Happy Holidays!

• themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    Augie,

Thank you very much. The top picture is of Amaya and Austin Morelli. The bottom picture is their father Adam, on point.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis

P.S. And thank you again to Amaya and Austin's Secret Santa in CA.
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin

• Just about everyone has received their packages..... a couple are arriving today image & a couple got a wee bit delayed - I have heard from a few very VERY happy YN's image

Below is an email message from a YN that allowed me to share:

Hey raq its michael again. I just wanted to write you to say i got the coins a few days ago (sorry its taken me a while to write ive been redic busy with school and such). Tell (santa) keith(?) that i really enjoyed them and it really brightened up my day. The morgan i got was really great and is the best morgan ive ever had. It will sure be going into the dansco 7070 im getting for x-mas from my parents. I just wish i could send something in return but alas i dont think i have anything that could measure up to his generosity. Merry x-mas to both of you!

Thanks so much and merry x-mas,

Michael

• I received my gifts today...........I loved what I got....the Olympics mean so much to me. Thanks!image
  • Derek in Summers Ar. Got my coin this Saturday, it sure is a beauty!!!

Thanks, and Happy Holidaysimage

It was a very Merry Christmas for Amanda (and me too!)
    Picture was her combined presents from here & MorganHunter2's YN thread.

I do suspect that the VAM book will go MIA for a while though. image

I hope all the YN got some nice presents from 'Secret Santa'.
  • PM sent.
  • Hi this is Raquel's daughter Nicole (I don't have my own account) but I participated in the secret santa exchange and it was a blast!! I love surprises, especially SILVER ones!!! I hope everyone had as much fun opening their packages as I did! My mom said she'll get a pic of me up later........... and THANK YOU SANTA!!!!!!! Nicole
  • PM sent.
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its really refreshing to see some of the YN's respond with a Thank You. In the same vein its a real bummer that some of them can't say Thank You. I guess some have manners and some do not.

To those that said Thank You image and those that did not image.

Ken

• << <i>Hi this is Raquel's daughter Nicole (I don't have my own account) but I participated in the secret santa exchange and it was a blast!! I love surprises, especially SILVER ones!!! I hope everyone had as much fun opening their packages as I did! My mom said she'll get a pic of me up later........... and THANK YOU SANTA!!!!!!! Nicole >>

So what happened to the pic? image

• tmcsr69tmcsr69 Posts: 1,307
    Good Question!
  • Well... my new Christmas camera SUCKS!!! (All the opening presents came out crappy & blurry) So.... back to the old *dog* (Sony Mavica) that is like lunking around a bowling ball... image So, I got some great pics... but can't seem to get the Sony to finalize the disk (error)... so, I can't post 'em 'till I figure out the glitch ~ image (and, I've been REALLY busy too - argh)
  • I received a very heartwarming and unexpected Thank You letter from Nathan R. today. I'm very happy he was pleased with his gift and appreciate his great letter. Very Happy New Year Nathan!