Home Sports Talk
Options

POLL: A little OT, Directv vs. Cable

I wanted to create a poll because I find it amazing that people who really want to see actual regular season games on the NFL Network wouldn't get a dish. It's not like cable is cheaper, it's probably more in most cases. Anyway, vote away...

Comments

• Options
    i like to watch tv even during a snow storm
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    I have all of the NFL I need or want to watch, if the NFL network ever makes it onto basic cable that is fine, I will watch it but otherwise
    it just is not a high priority for me.
  • Options
    I am a Dish Network subscriber...

So I cant vote...image
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    something's wrong, I'm a democrat and I only get one vote!image

(no I'm not a democrat)
  • Options
    I'm a Republican and I wish to disenfranchise Goose because his names matches one in our felon record. image

(no Im not a Republican)

p.s. this only applies in Florida

seriously, with those dish thingys, how often do you lose signal/reception due to poor weather and whats it cost per month?
  • Options

<< <i>how often do you lose signal/reception due to poor weather and whats it cost per month? >>

I only lose reception during a bad thunderstorm........

As far as price.... I am a bad example because I pay a little over $100/month but I have 4 TV's receivers/ HD package/ DVR receivers and a partridge in a pear tree...image
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    It has to be a very bad thunderstorm to lose reception. Even then I only lose reception for a few minutes. Snow has never caused a problem. I love direct tv because you do get NFL network but also golf channel,Tennis , soccer,basketball,horse racing,and baseball channel. I would like to know who has a plasma tv and still has cable?
  • Options
    I love my directv. Price doesn't jump every couple of months, reception is impressive and I wish I had gotten it sooner. I've lost signal twice--both during torrential thunderstorms. Never during snow or ice...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a die hard dish guy. The storm has to be really bad to affect reception. Cable does not compare.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i have high speed fiber optic cable modem and digital cable with 500 chanells i dont watch except for dexter on showtime and hbo comedy specials
  • Options
    Randy, why does it not surprise me that you watch a show about a twisted serial killer image

p.s. If i got showtime I'd watch it to, the guy who plays him, Michael Hall, is a great actor, he was phenomenal on six feet under.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I cant vote. I have Direct TV with cable internet.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's