Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How the mighty have fallen edited: (BUT now selling for $900?)

1990 Thomas NNOF PSA 8

This sold for $415 (s/h/i included!), which is close to twice what the previous PSA 8 sold for. Good buy for the buyer. Bad sale for the seller.

Thoughts?

I paid $450 for mine. image

edited to say: close to "half" of what the previous 8 sold for. sorry

Comments

• Options

<< <i>This sold for $415 (s/h/i included!), which is close to twice what the previous PSA 8 sold for. Good buy for the buyer. Bad sale for the seller >>

Shouldn't this be the other way around. If the seller got twice what the previous card sold for I would thing that would be good for the seller.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Please repeat...............

Steve

seller of that card listed it in autographs too.

Good for you.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the print run of that card?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Its not alot, but how many unoped factory sets are there still out there?
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I paid $450 for mine. image >>

Nicely done. If you can't laugh at yourself....

It's still a pretty cool card and lots of people are in it much deeper than $450. image
  • Options
    Perhaps the steroid drama has actually helped Thomas??

Here is the same card, same grade that is already at $900 on eBay + s/h. The high bidder appears to have a 271 rating, so I'm assuming it's legit.

PSA 8 NNOF Thomas

On the other hand, the $500 discrepancy in price may also be due to the fact that the seller of this card is also offering a PSA 9 Thomas RC as well. image
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Timothy1899 has had a string of great Thomas items up in recent days. That was a steal...I had that card in my watch list but it definitely slipped under my radar.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>Timothy1899 has had a string of great Thomas items up in recent days. That was a steal...I had that card in my watch list but it definitely slipped under my radar. >>

I should have bid $600 for fun on that one that went cheap and just socked it away. dammit!
  • Options
    We've got either an extremely stupid NBP or a sleazy salesman...the same Thomas that recently sold for $415/dlvd is relisted...this time with a regular Topps rookie...and...a Leaf rookie. He's a one upper.

I just messaged him to find out the cause of the relist.

NNOF
  • Options
    Look at who the high bidder is.

I wonder if there is a connection?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Look at who the high bidder is.

I wonder if there is a connection?

Steve >>

haha, I don't think that was there when I posted...Gary may be lurking and took the link...
  • Options
    Yes he posted to another thread.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    reply from seller:

No I had 3 psa 8's 2 BGS 8.5 and 3 ungraded. This is my last psa 8.

I call BS. It's not a stock photo...3 different photos of the same card over 2 auctions...looks like he's selling the same one.
  • Options
    This is pretty blatant. I think lov2speed2 is a safety account (read: shill) that timothy1899 uses if he feels his cards don't sell high enough. Look:

- He sold the same raw Thomas to him here
    - Then sold the graded version of what appears to be the same exact card here
    - And now he's offering the same card he's apparently sold to the same guy twice here

Also, look at the feedback left for others: lov2speed2's and timothy1899's . It appears for one of the feedbacks lov2 left for timothy, he stepped "out of character" and used all caps, ala timothy1899.

Looks like it's almost definitely a shilling account. I wouldn't be surprised to see lov2speed2 win this Thomas auction if it doesn't reach at least $700. Someone should report him.

Lee

Edit: There's also a string of 6 or 7 cards that lov2speed2 won from timothy.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    fester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    we need a middle finger icnon on here image
  • Options
    Why would anyone want a defective baseball card? Wouldn't one with his name on it be better to have?