Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

19th c. Krause help needed

I have a 2004 (4th Ed) Krause for 1801-1900. My older 1996 book lists both coins I'm looking for, but the 4th Ed doesn't. I'd like to check for any newer info. The 2004 book looks all messed up in the Netherlands East Indies section.

First coin: (looking for KM # and value) Netherlands East Indies (Batavian Republic), 1 duit, 1808, RD UNC, pic:

imageimage

Second coin: (also looking for KM# & values): Netherlands East Indies (Kingdom of Holland), 1 duit, 1808, XF (no pics, but much better than the plate coin in the '96 Krause!)

Thanks!

Comments

• << <i>First coin: (looking for KM # and value) Netherlands East Indies (Batavian Republic), 1 duit, 1808, RD UNC >>

SCWC 5th edition, KM76, $7.00 UNC. There's an 1808/6 listed at $55.00 in XF, not priced in higher grades.

<< <i>Second coin: (also looking for KM# & values): Netherlands East Indies (Kingdom of Holland), 1 duit, 1808, XF (no pics, but much better than the plate coin in the '96 Krause!) >>

There are two 1808 duits- KM220 (obv- VOC monogram w/ star above, rev- inscription: JAVA/date) $17.50 XF and KM223 (obv- inscription: L.N, rev- inscription: Java/date), $20.00 XF.
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Much appreciated! Thanks!

Boy, gotta love the Darkside, eh? I paid $6 for the first one. Still blows my mind sometimes what can be had.. and I've always been a Darksider! image

I'm fairly certain coin 1 isn't the overdate. And thanks for the disambiguation! forgot about the other type on that second one. Mine's the LN.

Edit: Hmm.. the KM #s are the same as the 1996 Ed. Oddly, KM223 was priced at $20/XF then too, while KM76 was only listed up to XF being at $4.50.