Options

the 12th man the refs

I'm neither a cowboy nor packer fan ,

But let the players decide the game not the officals

Nfl network + Jerry Jones big surprise

not impressed cowboys

Comments

• Options
    I'm a Packer fan and I can't help but feel like we're getting jobbed out there. There's been some terrible calls tonight.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Pass Interference = you gotta touch the guy intentionally. Excuse any spelling errors due to too much Miller Lite.

F'ing BullSh1t tonight
  • Options
    If they're going to call plays dead for forward progress when the ball hasn't even been caught yet, they should give the players ballet slippers and flags. The play where Al Harris owned T.O. and stripped the ball for the INT should have never been called dead by that official. He was completely out of position to make that call. Of course, in the NFL, the official making the incorrect call from a terrible vantage point trumps the official who is actually in a position to make the correct call. Lets not make those plays reviewable...that would only make sense!
  • Options
    Nfl network + Jerry Jones big surprise

How do those 2 go together. Jones was wanting it to be played on NBC not the NFL network. Here in Texas most cable companies do not even offer NFL network. There were large parties all over at homes of people who have either satellite or like myself were lucky enough to get the game.
  • Options

<< <i>Nfl network + Jerry Jones big surprise

How do those 2 go together. Jones was wanting it to be played on NBC not the NFL network. Here in Texas most cable companies do not even offer NFL network. There were large parties all over at homes of people who have either satellite or like myself were lucky enough to get the game. >>

I believe Jerry Jones is the head of the NFL Network committee for the NFL.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Boy, pass the sour grapes please
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nfl network + Jerry Jones big surprise

How do those 2 go together. Jones was wanting it to be played on NBC not the NFL network. Here in Texas most cable companies do not even offer NFL network. There were large parties all over at homes of people who have either satellite or like myself were lucky enough to get the game. >>

I believe Jerry Jones is the head of the NFL Network committee for the NFL. >>

Word, Gumby is right on that one.
  • Options
    Maybe not sure, but he did not want the game to be broadcast on the NFL network since it is not available in all markets. They are telling people they need to start drooping service to companies that will not carry it.

It is pretty sad when the town of 60K 10 miles from me does not have it, but the small town I am in of 2000 people get it in their basic service.

Could just be a marketing ploy to get more companies to start carrying the game.

As far as the refs calling the game there were a few strange calls on both sides of the ball. Like when the Dallas punter got run into on a punt.
  • Options
    Boy, pass the sour grapes please

What would a Cowboys win be without them?
  • Options
    And Drew Pearson pushed off in 1975. Give me a break.
  • Options

<< <i>As far as the refs calling the game there were a few strange calls on both sides of the ball. Like when the Dallas punter got run into on a punt. >>

He didn't exactly get run into. He conveniently fell to the side on top of our guy after he kicked the ball. Was there contact? Yes. Was it initiated by the kicker? Also yes.
  • Options

<< <i>Boy, pass the sour grapes please >>

Somebody pass Spock the grapes.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    You guys kill me. Even packernews.com admitted it was pass interference:

Cowboys go ahead 34-24
    A late pass interference call against Tramon Williams was the most important play as the Cowboys drove 75 yards in seven plays on their way to a 4-yard Patrick Crayton touchdown catch. That extended Dallas' lead to 34-24 with 7:51 to play in regulation.

The flag against Williams came really late, but it was correct. Williams actually had good position but, like many young players, didn't trust his position and decided to grab Miles Austin instead. Though Austin probably couldn't have caught the ball -- and Williams did little to slow the receiver -- the interference came early enough the officials weren't going to declare the pass uncatchable. It's borderline, but it's going to be called nine times out of 10.

And, BTW, incidental contact only applies when the CB is making a play on the ball - it does NOT have to be intentional contact by a DB to qualify as pass interference. So it actually could have been PI on two counts - first grabbing him and then tripping him. When the corner collided with Austin he was looking straight ahead and if I still had Cowboys game tapes from the 90's, I could show you probably 50 clips of Kevin Smith getting flagged for PI on similar plays (dude could never remember to turn around), so spare us the Cowboys bias BS.
  • Options
    Let's also not forget, that even without the pass interference call, Dallas had an outside chance of scoring on that drive, since that Romo guy had kind of a decent game.

And they won the game by 10 not 7.

Quit crying about the should'ves and could'ves. Next time maybe the Cowboys won't beat up the old man. This way he could stay in the game and hit a few more Cowboy Db's!!
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    not surprisingly rodgers looked much better than #4 and the poor guy never gets in because of huckleberry favre's gigantic ego.

it only proves that it is the offense that green bay is running that is making them successful and not the quarterback.

the media is wondering will he play with his elbow and shoulder injury? of course he will. 249+ means everything to him. he is same clown that laid down for strahan so he could get the sack record a few years ago.

for brett favre it is all about him and records. he is certainly one of the most selfish players in any sport. worse than rickey henderson, terrell owens or anyone in the nba.

his team will get the #2 seed, but not #1. why not sit out a week with little to play for and get healed. nope for him and the cheeseballs that root him records mean more than rings.

by the way my father died and my wife fights a battle with breast cancer and none of that makes me a better person. i was not a drug addict like him but none of the afflictions that hit people close to me make me a better person and it doesn't make him a better person either.

I LOVE THAT OLD JOKE. THE ONLY PERSON WITH WORSE LUCK IN DALLAS THAN FAVRE WAS JOHN KENNEDY.
  • Options

<< <i>And Drew Pearson pushed off in 1975. Give me a break. >>

Pearson's push off on Nate Wright in the 1975 NFC Championship game was one of the the worst blown calls in NFL history up to that point. The poor Ref later got hit in the head with a broken beer bottle and had to rap a towel around his head just to stop the bleeding.