Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Canada circulation change

What do you guys do with circulated Canadian change? I have a bit over $50 Canadian. I live in the U.S. so I have no use for it. Any ideas?

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

Comments

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    take it to a bank that will convert it to US
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>take it to a bank that will convert it to US >>

I agree. $50 Canadian would net you about $50.15 U.S. image
  • Options
    Good luck finding a bank outside of a major metropolitan area that will do this. Even if they can do it, the service fee may be 20% or more, as I found out when trying to exchange some Canadian currency at a local bank. Instead I kept the money for a possible future trip.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Now that the Canadian dollar is close to the US dollar, will Canadian coins be more common in the US transactions. There seem to be more popping up around here in the Pacific Northwest.
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Try using them in any vending machine/meter that will accept them until they are someone ELSE's problem?!imageimage