Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1982 LINCOLN VARIETIES IN SET REGISTRY

Yesterday I sent an email to BJ Searls requesting that the 5 Lincoln cents of 1982 which are NOT part of the basic set be included with the Major Variety sets. These are the composition changes & small date/large date changes which resulted in the US Mint issuing 7 business strike coins for Philadelphia and Denver in 1982. These coins are generally collected by almost all Lincoln cent collectors because of their significance and their affordability.

BJ wrote back that she would run this suggestion by the PCGS management at their next meeting discussing this subject. If you agree that these coins should be included with the MAJOR varieties and not just with the ALL varieties groupings, please send BJ Searls a email or PM. Her email address is BSearls@collectors.com.
Thanks,
Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, let me say that I do not collect Lincolns, but if I did 2) I would be very upset if these were not part of the regular set with the LG/sm date cents. Thses are 101% varieties that sholud be included.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yesterday I sent an email to BJ Searls requesting that the 5 Lincoln cents of 1982 which are NOT part of the basic set be included with the Major Variety sets. These are the composition changes & small date/large date changes which resulted in the US Mint issuing 7 business strike coins for Philadelphia and Denver in 1982. These coins are generally collected by almost all Lincoln cent collectors because of their significance and their affordability.

BJ wrote back that she would run this suggestion by the PCGS management at their next meeting discussing this subject. If you agree that these coins should be included with the MAJOR varieties and not just with the ALL varieties groupings, please send BJ Searls a email or PM. Her email address is BSearls@collectors.com.
    Thanks,
    Steveimage >>

Steve, I agree as well. Email going out to BJ...
  • Options
    As I've mentioned many times already, I even include them as part of my basic set. (Although I understand if pcgs just wants to have them in the with varieties sets).

Pcgs is going to have a problem for a while as to how to register the already graded non-designated varieties. Right now they have all 7 listed along with another 1982 and 1982-d, making it like you need to have 9 coins, 2 duplicates. I think if they want to reduce it to 7, they could have the non-designated slabs default to zinc ld's. The majority (probably 75-90%+) already graded are those two varieties.

By the way, if anyone wants to buy any, I'm mailing some (the toughest ones) to pcgs on Mon to be designated.