Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Satin & Business Strike Sets - 25c, 5c, 10c, 50c

BJ,
Informed me this morning that the Statehood Quarters should see the seperation of the Satins & Business Strikes next week.

Also mentioned that the Jefferson nickels, Roosevelt dimes and Kennedy Halfs to follow.

This is exciting for all. Lots of pushing and waiting.

And lots of whining got this one to happen!

Comments

• eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Hey, what about the Sac Dollars?image
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    She did not mention them, but I am sure they are all in there..

The question is priority.

The presidential dollar sets were fairly easy, since it only affects the one year.

BJ has been on it.
    I also requested that FIRST STRIKE Only sets get made when applicable.

She responded that they would address those affected sets AFTER the Satin/BS issue is resolved.

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "whining" - no

1. A series of letters to anyone and everyone willing to read them - yes.

2. In person meetings with key decision makers at PCGS- yes.

All's well that end's well - we all agree PCGS has finally "done the right thing" and, like you Jim, I personally thank them for it.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Mitch,
    Thanks to you for being on the "Front Line" so to speak.

Is this time for the group hug?

Seriously, the best part is that we are making great strides and now we just need to keep the ball rolling.

Mitch,
    Any updates on the Statehood Quarters - Satin/BS mess?
    Have the stats been fixed?
    Now that we have "Satin Alert System" in place.
  • Will I guess they will need coats in Hell because it's going to get real cold soonimage. Thanks to all with pull that helped get this mess fixed and thanks PCGS for doing the right thing. It's will be nice to see the Kennedys when this happens I should take a large jumpimage

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • It sounds like they are willing to seperate the sets where all dates have satin finish, The sets that have several dates without satin finish may not get changed. Hopefully, I am wrong.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It sounds like they are willing to seperate the sets where all dates have satin finish, The sets that have several dates without satin finish may not get changed. Hopefully, I am wrong. >>

I HOPE that it DOES happen this way. My own personal opinion for what it is worth image is that this is the way it should be. I wouldn't want to see Washington Statehood Quarters for example run from 1999-2004 and then another set from 2005-2008. Keep sets like this all as one set and add another set possibly for true circulation strikes from 1999-2008 for those who want a "TRUE CIRCULATION STRIKE" Set where Satin Finish coins would not be allowed. This should make everyone happy.

JMHO, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Keep sets like this all as one set and add another set possibly for true circulation strikes from 1999-2008 for those who want a "TRUE CIRCULATION STRIKE" Set where Satin Finish coins would not be allowed. >>

I agree 100%... Unfix what wasn't broke to start with. image
    Dan
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received an email to vote on the series I have. Here were the options:

1) Leave the Major Variety set as is with no changes. The SF coins will be required only in the new Complete Variety set when it goes online.

2) Make the satin finish coins required in both the Major Variety set and the new Complete Variety set.

I voted for #1.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053