Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Anybody looking for a stereo microscope with digital camera?

I thought I'd give this a try here before putting it up on ebay!

I have a fairly decent stereo microscope (complete with USB2.0 digital camera, software & aluminum carrying case) for sale.
    It has 1X & 3X objectives with a pair of WF5X & a pair of WF10X eyepieces, meaning that it offers magnification levels of 5X, 10X, 15X & 30X.Top/bottom incident & transmitted illumination.Frosted glass & white/black plastic objective plates.Camera resolution is 640 x 480 pixels.Captures still images & records live video in BMP, TIFF, JPG, PICT, PTL & most other formats.Edits images in the same way as Photoshop
I bought this in January 07 for approx $400 (still has 4 years remaining on the manufacturer's warranty). Looking for $300, including shipping.
If you are interested, or would like more info, send me a PM.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    could you show some examples of pics?
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    And give brand name and model?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    It is an AmScope, I think it is the 305R.

I'm not sure how to add photos, sorry - it tells me the size limit is 50KB - but will happily email them to anybody who is interested.

Well, thanks to Mike's kindness in the post below, there are now a couple of photos available!

The first image is obviously of the microscope itself. The next 2 are samples of photos taken with the camera (using a $5 gold Indian as a model). As the camera is the equivalent of a 10X eyepiece, you can only take pictures at 10X & 30X magnification. These 2 photos were taken using 10X magnification.

Hope this helps!

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

• Options

<< <i>This One? >>

Yeah, that looks like the one (280 for the scope + 70 for the case + shipping = approx $400).

Goose3, sorry but I don't get the joke, but would like to be initiated - unless, of course, it is necessary to be a sick, twisted, freak in order to understand.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    If you were looking to trade I might be intrested, I feel the price is a little steep for a used item when it can be purchased new for the same price. let me know if your looking to trade or just want cash.

Tex

BTW - Just an opinion, you might be taken more serious if you had a more serious avitar, shrunken heads are fine, they just don't portray you in a positive light.
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Ditto
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I was going to buy it new, do you have a better deal?
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.