Home Sports Talk
Options

Would you like to see the BCS title game played sooner than Jan. 8?

By the time the two teams play it will be more than a month since they played their last game, I would suspect that they will be somewhat out of shape and not quite as sharp as they should be.

To have all the buildup for the big announcement and then have them wait so long before playing just seems kind of disappointing.

Would it make sense to play it like a week later before the other bowls instead of making it the final bowl game?

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Year's Day makes sense to me, since in the past the Rose, Suger, Cotton and Orange Bowl [at that time the four big bowls] were all played on January 1. Call me a traditionalist, but that is the way I see it.

The recent trend of having the college football bowl games extend into early January is similar to the NFL playoffs finishing in February, the college hoops playoffs extending into April, the NHL playoffs extending into May/June and the NBA playoffs extending into late June. Way, way too long for all of these events. Heck it is possible for NBA players to lace up the sneakers in September and play through the latter part of June and still be required to play for the USA National team in July and August.
  • Options
    It would be nice to have the major bowls on Jan 1 and the NC game on Jan 2
  • Options
    Jan. 8th seems excessively long to wait to play the game.

I am one who was not happy seeing the super bowl moved to early Feb. This was done because the NFL did not want the start of the season to conflict with Labor Day weekend anymore which always meant lower TV ratings.
  • Options

<< <i>New Year's Day makes sense to me, since in the past the Rose, Suger, Cotton and Orange Bowl [at that time the four big bowls] were all played on January 1. Call me a traditionalist, but that is the way I see it. >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>New Year's Day makes sense to me, since in the past the Rose, Suger, Cotton and Orange Bowl [at that time the four big bowls] were all played on January 1. Call me a traditionalist, but that is the way I see it. >>

image >>

New Years Day would be a good day for the BCS title game, maybe 8:00 PM prime time. There are now six bowl games on new years day 2008. Too much for me.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    the bowls should start 2 weeks after the regular season ends.

No team should have to wait 5 and 6 weeks to play a game.