Home U.S. Coin Forum

Pattern Coins: A rare find in our Unclaimed Safety Deposit box auction.

Anyone get this email? Displayed are a bunch of peoples email addresses here that I recognize.

Subject: Pattern coin sale
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:31:44 -0500
Pattern Coins

A rare find in our Unclaimed Safety Deposit box auction. These coins will be featured on our Saturday sale December 8th. Sale starts at 9:00 A.M.
This will be a five day auction starting Tuesday, December 4th at 9:00 a.m.

Check out our website at www.appletreeauction.com

This auction will be subject to a 10% buyers premium on all sales & 15% on Ebayliveauctions.com.

Preview: Monday, December 3rd 9am-5pm

Auction conducted by Apple Tree Auction Center. 1616 W. Church St, Newark, OH 43055, 740-344-4282

Auctioneers, Sam Schnaidt, David Schnaidt

Spam? I never signed up for this, that's for sure.

Comments

• boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it as well. Looks like they sent it to all the members who listed their email address on the uspatterns website. I wonder if they have anything special??
  • Hi Mr. Hagen! image Haven't seen you posting here much lately. image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    I'm on their regular mailing list and tried to open the link to a PDF file, but it crashed every time....typical of nearly everything I;ve received from them.
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Wow, they got a load of silver, gold, and platinum in there!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    pdf crashes me as well

they have them all om eBaylive

here is a copper half
    1859 Longacre copper half

mostly raw (like a 1901-S sandblasted quarter)

clearly need an agent or go or roll the dice and lose
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Description: 1859 LONGACRE COPPER HALF DOLLAR Notes: The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.

Never heard of this auction house, I love the description on their coins... these guys also auction off livestock?

Mr. Simpson this Pattern Numero 1001 is all YOURS... Enjoy! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got it as well. Looks like they sent it to all the members who listed their email address on the uspatterns website. >>

Ahhhhhh, good eyes image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I got it as well. Looks like they sent it to all the members who listed their email address on the uspatterns website. >>

Ahhhhhh, good eyes image >>

I noticed that as well. Not a bad idea on their part, but I don't think I'll be flying down to Ohio for the sale.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file