Home Sports Talk
Options

Tennessee VS LSU (SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) Any Predictions?

I had a crazy dream last night, I dreamed that it was this coming Saturday and I had forgot the SEC Championship game (Tennessee Vs LSU) was going on (Must be because my wife is on my case about watching too much football over the past weekend). Anyways, I suddenly realize the game is going on and I turn on the TV. There's not much time left to go in the game and the Big Oarnge are clobbering the Bayou Bengals by a score of 44 to 9. I suddenly woke up with cold chills, I was glad Tennessee was beating LSU so bad but kicking myself that I missed seeing how it was done.

Any predictions? I think Tennessee has a shot, it's been a crazy season and the Tigers may be down with the tough loss to Arkansas. And from what I understand their defense is pretty banged up. I definitely don't think they are the same team that made Virginia Tech look like a Pee Wee league team earlier in the year. Couple that with all the uncertainty over Les Miles and the Michigan job. Tennessee may prevail, they are a young team and have had quite a few set backs over the year but play best in the underdog role, they also seem to be catching all the breaks lately.
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." - Lou Holtz

Comments

• Options
    LSU by a lot (21+). Tennessee's defense has looked pretty bad against high quality athletic offensives.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    My prediction is that both Georgia and Florida could put up a better fight! Heck even Kentucky!

JS
  • Options
    Stalin,

Thanks for chiming in, although your opinion is not really relevant to the question posed. I admit that Georgia and Florida probably have better teams this year compared to Tennessee, but Tennessee is playing for a shot at the SEC championship for a reason.

By the way, If I remember correctly you are an FSU fan. Remind me who they will be playing against for the ACC championship this weekend. Thanks.
    "Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." - Lou Holtz
  • Options
    Tenn sucks, you know it and I know. They aren' t even the top 3 team in their conf.

JS
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Welcher.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I actually like UT to keep it close. It's hard to predict which LSU will show up, but even if the good one does, they haven't been playing spectacular especially on defense. Flynn is banged up, and RP seems cocky and makes bad decisions. I doubt UT will be able to run so it's in Ainge's hands. He got popped pretty hard by these guys last year. I'll predict 27-24 UT, but I'll take the +7.5 to be safe.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stalin,

Thanks for chiming in, although your opinion is not really relevant to the question posed. I admit that Georgia and Florida probably have better teams this year compared to Tennessee, but Tennessee is playing for a shot at the SEC championship for a reason.

By the way, If I remember correctly you are an FSU fan. Remind me who they will be playing against for the ACC championship this weekend. Thanks. >>

image Nice response to the great WELCHER commy boy..
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tenn sucks, you know it and I know. They aren' t even the top 3 team in their conf.

JS >>

We wernt too bad in 1998 were we ? Lets see who did we beat down to win the national title ???

• Options
    98 is a long time ago. Perless Price is out of football, and fulmer is still fat. Vols suck, you know it and I know it!

JS
  • Options
    and the Noles suck - you know it and I know it
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    alpo=bandwagon chaser

JS
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>alpo=bandwagon chaser

JS >>

Wrong again, welcher.

Alpo cheers for his hometown teams, unlike you.

Let me guess, you never lived in Phili, Tampa, nor attended Florida State.

Now who's the bandwagoner again?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    like Colin Cowherd says "Great offensive talent goes to Florida State....To Die." Then they go to the NFL and get better.
    Florida State is the worst coached team in the nation.........and it aint even close.

• Options
    Well, we lost. We led most of the game but its hard to win when your Senior quarterback throws two interceptions in the fourth quarter (one of which was returned for a TD). LSU played through their injuries pretty good, but showed little emotion. Perriloux (sounds like a name for some kind of flower) will be a good QB for the Tigers next year.

We still won the East, and it looks like we will play on New Year's Day. Probably against Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl. After three tough losses in the first half of the year I didn't think we'd get this far.
  • Options
    There was one a time when playing on New Years day was a sign of a good season...now it doesn't mean much.

JS
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tennessee did have a shot... and not a bad season... all things considered

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Hey Stalin,

If playing on New Years Day doesn't mean much anymore, than what does it mean to play in the Meineke Car Care Bowl on December 29 against the football powerhouse of UCONN?

(FSU VS UCONN, Meineke Car Care Bowl, December 29, Charlotte,NC - According to CBSSPORTSLINE.COM)
  • Options
    +7.5 image