Home Sports Talk

Official Wrestling Thread checklist site added!

USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

Comments

• metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Anyone have any scans of wrasslin cards?
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • I think this thread deserves an OT in the title, seeing as this is a sports forum and all... image

PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
    wrasslin is sports (entertainment), no worse than soccer or dancing with the stars....hee hee LMM is seeking a psa 10 Marie Osmond rookie for his DWTS collection...
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

When i was stationed at Ft. Benning,GA in the late 70's we used to go into Columbus to watch Ric Flair every wednesday night. He was pure entertainment. Nice to see the OL' Man still going. Anyone remember Tony Atlas?? He was one of the first few strong men to ever bench press 500 pounds.
    I think Mark Henry can also. He was the world's strongest man.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember some of the wrestlers who plied their trade in the 60's and 70's.

The Iron Shiek, Sargent Slaughter and Blackjack Lanza come to mind.

Of more recent vintage, I really get a kick out of The Rock when he yells "IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS"image
  • I have an awesome wrasslin story. When I lived in Cleveland 4 years ago, I had the opportunity of showing the Russian Nightmare and The Million Dollar Man around town. I even had dinner with them. It was so awesome!!!!
    Guru, any pics?
    I remember goin over to my grandpa's and watchin wrasslin with him when I was 8- local type stuff on the uhf channels. I liked Hogan in the 80's and of course the G.L.O.W. girls. And of course roller derby which is a alive and well......... Fast foward to 1995 I was working at Dominos Pizza and my friends asked me if I wanted to hang out and watch on a Monday night and I was ....ok but when they told me Hogan was a "bad guy" I was shocked but it only took one time watching the NWO and after that I was hooked. image
  • Diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • raykasaraykasa Posts: 186 ✭✭
    get ready for the congressional hearing coming up soon. Could make for some amazing TV. I am and always was a super wrestling fan.

favorite jobber: Pete "the Duke of Dorcester" Doeherty

favorite match: Austin vs Bret Hart (the double reverse done to perfection) WM13

• I know I was a kid when I saw these matches the first time, but Hogan Vs Andre in Wrestlemania 3 and then Hogan Vs Warrior in Wrestlemania 6 will always stand out as the two most significant wrestling matches in history. Mainly because with wrestling back then Vince never wanted the best to fight the best, Vince would always build up some toold bad guy to go up agains Hogan (although I still love Bundy). If I had to go with a 90's match, it would be Brett Vs. Owen or Brett Vs. Benoit (the Owen Hart tribute match), as technically 2 of the best matches I've ever seen.
    Jay
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭
    I don't have them available for scanning but I have both the 1985 Topps and 1985 OPC WWF sets. (The OPC set is sort of the 2nd series of the Topps.) I've had them for years but I guess I just had to have them. I think literally half of those guys are dead. JYD, Big John Studd, Andre, etc etc etc
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Is that Dave Hebner, or is THAT DAVE HEBNER!?!?!?!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
    edited
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Does the work 'fake' ring a bell?

If not, then plese promise not to try to reproduce with humans ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
    "If not, then plese promise not to try to reproduce with humans" I promise to not reproduce any more as long as you take/typing/spelling lessons.............plese?

I didn't spell a word correctly?
    Sorry, so that makes wrestling real instead of fake?

Whatever, if you enjoy it, that's fine,
    but it doesn't belong on any sports forum ... because it goes by a script ... it's not real.

If I'm the first one let you know that wrestling is fake,
    then sorry, but there's also no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.

If you're over 6 years old, it's time for you to know these things ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

Does the work 'fake' ring a bell?
    Does the word 'fake' ring a bell?

If not, then plese/please promise not to try to reproduce with humans. LOL LOL LOL Of Course wrasslin is "scripted" AND ADAM DUNN IS BETTER THAN KINGMAN! image

<< <i>AND ADAM DUNN IS BETTER THAN KINGMAN! image >>

My little sister is better than Kingman ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

touche! image
    another giveaway.....a wrasslin card........hey yo it's free so what if ya got a Orton?
  • Here are a couple of scans of Wrestling cards. The 1987 WWF WM 3 set. Tough blue & red borders make for easy chipping. Centering is not horrendous, but the chipping is what kills these. I've got just about a full sets worth of cards that I think will grade at least 9s, but not sure if I'm going to send those in before the end of the month. I might just wait until the next special a couple of months down the road. Here are a couple that I've picked up....

imageimage
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • I remember collecting those '87 Topps cards as a kid. Did you notice the PSA error? They misspelled "The" on "The Challange" card lol.
    I have a stack of several hundred wrestling cards ready to be sent to PSA. They have been ready for a couple years and I have not sent a submission. Anyone else interested in working on PSA Registries of various wrestling sets?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Greg, I've got the '87s to send in. Then, I'm working on the '85s. I'd like the old All Star Wrestling tear-away cards from the mags in the early 80s as well.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Greg, I remember you (I believe it was you) posting about some older '80s wrestling cards. Do you still have those? And, are you going to be submitting any?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards

• << <i>I remember collecting those '87 Topps cards as a kid. Did you notice the PSA error? They misspelled "The" on "The Challange" card lol. >>

It's funny....I only noticed it when I was scanning the card.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
    I have a box of the 87's I haven't opened yet and a few unopened 1985 OPC series 2 packs which I open from time to time when I get the urge to bust a pack. I recently bought a case of 2001 Raw is war retail which has 6 boxes worth of packs that I paid 40 delivered.
    Wow- That hot/weird chick, aka MS Monday Nitro is the one and only Debbie Lafave. I love wrasslin. 2Words- I wish.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I heard something interesting the other day.

RAW (or whatever it's called) has the 2nd or 3rd most shows in television history.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
    Arny,

I have them all set to send but have been out of collecting-money for a while. Since they are low priority, and won't likely make me much money, I have to hold off for a while. But I do look forward to it in the future...

By the way, everyone should check out Richmond Lucha Libre on youtube. It's a really good, wild, independent promotion that is run by some friends of mine. I finally kicked the habit a few years ago, but if you like wrestling, it is really fun!
  • Greg, do you have an extras on those '80s wrestling cards?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
    Did anyone see the women's match on TNA tonight? Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim was the best match in the whole show! Awesome Kong is a Big ol' Hunk o' woman. I bet she could beat half of WWE's cruiserweight division.......
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    TNA is on cable now, right? What channel?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I have both the 1985 & 1987 Topps sets on the SGC set registry. I will complete them this year. I also have tons of wrestling cards to trade. I have a large collection of wrestling DVD's, autographs and cards. I would love to trade with other collectors. TNA is on Spike TV but beware some episodes (Like last weeks) can be hard to sit through. Herb Abrams UWF wrestling has begun airing late night on ESPN classic.
    UWF INFO
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards