Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Lincoln Cent Registry sets to Require BS & SF Coins

BJ,
sent me an email this afternoon.

"the Lincoln variety sets will require both CS and SF. That decision was just made today. I’ll be updating the sets tomorrow."

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!

These sets are growing by the day !!

Comments

• Options
    Hoping that this leads to the Business Strike set's going to just allowing the BS's in them instead of ether - or

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hoping that this leads to the Business Strike set's going to just allowing the BS's in them instead of ether - or

Dan >>

Surely to goodness that will happen.
    Doug
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I talked to BJ yesterday, and the Basic Circulation Set is still going to have the "either/or" rule allowing business strikes or satin finish. image
    Doug
  • Options
    >>>I talked to BJ yesterday, and the Basic Circulation Set is still going to have the "either/or" rule allowing business strikes or satin finish. image<<<

That is just wrong! Satin finish coins will never have a true home in a Basic Circulation Set. This decision offsets all the positve things PCGS has accomplished lately.

What a shame. imageimageimageimageimage

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give up, I guess the point Zealots won.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    DON'T GIVE UP! This Set Registry thing is continually envolving. It will take a few years for the hobby to recognize that the year 2005 was a dividing line as far as US Mint sets are concerned. All US Mint sets from 2005 onward were produced DIFFERENTLY than all US Mint sets in prior years. We cannot continue to treat regular business strike coins the same as Mint set strike coins because they are manufactured differently. The BASIC sets SHOULD continue to contain business strike coins but should NOT contain satin finish coins from 2005 onward that are now in US Mint sets.

As you can see this concept has not yet evolved thru the hobby. It will over time. We collectors are usually way ahead of the curve.

Steveimage
  • Options

<< <i>>>>I talked to BJ yesterday, and the Basic Circulation Set is still going to have the "either/or" rule allowing business strikes or satin finish. image<<<

That is just wrong! Satin finish coins will never have a true home in a Basic Circulation Set. This decision offsets all the positve things PCGS has accomplished lately.

What a shame. imageimageimageimageimage

RegistryNut image >>

This does not make sense to me. The presidential dollar circulation set now requires BS, and another set was created for SF only. The change seemed to make most people happy. I thought they would make similar changes in the other denominations to keep things consistant.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, correct me if I am wrong, but NGC (not just the management but the collectors as well) seemed to grasp the concept just as you stated. But for some reason they can not here? We ONLY just now got a response to our 3 year old question. And according to the Poll most folks wanted it differently than you and I. I remember posting the news on the Satin poll being conducted on the main Forum and it fell off the front page in seconds with no response. SO I am beginning to think, that most collectors either do not care or it’s simply not an issue with them. However the way the Poll was conducted also has a lot to be desired. I still had several cent collectors ask me for e link as they did not get the email this second time around. I would think in this day of technology that a regular forum poll on the system THEY own would have been just fine, or a shot gun email to all the cent collectors would have been nice. But it seems to be a pick and choose system that they use.

One thing is for sure, it is not correct, and it will continue to be a problem in future years.
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Maybe it is still being fine tunedimage