Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

BWRC purchases #13 current finest MPL cent>

Registry set "Thunderbolt" from forum member Dave Kelly (cohodk)

I want to thank Dave for giving me the chance to aquire his amazing and mostly toned collection of MPL cents. These are some of the most awesome toned Matte Proof cents I have or will ever encounter. Dave has one of the best eye's for quality out there and it sure showed in how he put together this stunning set of coins. Wish you the best for anything you have planned for the future Dave.

Your friend,

Brian

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

It's times like these that makes ol' curly wish he'd paid more attention in school. That is one beautiful set. If I had the money, it'd be mine.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Brian.

When I asked you to be on the lookout for beautifully toned MPLs several years ago, I never dreamed I would have so much fun, learn as much as I have, and meet so many interesting and exciting people. It was through your persistance and dedication that I was able to amass such a wonderful collection. I will continue to enjoy these beautiful coins through the "virtual collection" in my sigline.

Right now I have a tremendous opportunity to grow my business and I must take advantage.

I'll be baaaaack.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    A truly stunning set, Dave.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Are they the coins in his sig line?
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are they the coins in his sig line? >>

Yes,

That sig line contains most of the "Thunderbolt" collection. Here is one from the stunning "Thunderbolt" collection.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were to do a color set of MPL's I would want yours!!!
    Doug
  • Options
    loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    Dave, good luck in your business adventures.. and thank you for helping me build my matte proof collection. Here are pics of two pieces I have acquired from Dave recently...

-Gabe
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Epstein is on the move .... coincidence?
    Doug
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like Epstein is on the move .... coincidence? >>

Doug,

Epstein added the 1912 and 1913 from "Thunderbolt" to get 88.89% complete. Now all he needs is a wild toned 1909 VDBimage
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 4 of my 8 from Dave and I believe that at least one and possibly two that I purchased from Brian had at one time belonged to Dave. Kudos to Dave. Several of us, I am sure, would not be this far along in our quest for a completed MPL set if not for Dave's efforts. Good luck in whatever your working on. If your record in the MPL field is any indication, you will have a fabulous business. This is not to slight Brian in his efforts. His value in this field is unmatched and is irreplaceable. image