Home Sports Talk

Interesting Post on Bonds

Comments

• linking aint easy

poof
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. I tried, then gave up.
  • That piece really comes as no surprise to me. Barry carried the weight of the burden of his father and God father based on what he perceived the poor treatment during their careers. The treatment by the 'white' media and Barry decided to carry this Texas sized chip on his shoulder and treat people like dirt in return for the treatment he saw his father and God father receive during their playing days.

Yes, I have no doubt that Bobby and Willie were treated poorly and it was completely unjustified and inexcusable. But Barry doesn't have it in him to be the bigger/better person and treat people like people. If he does indeed wind up in prison, imagine how big the chip on his children’s shoulder will be - probably the size of Alaska.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I don't think Barry has ever followed the advice of treat people as you would like to be treated. He feels everyone is out to get him and he has been wronged so much his bad behavior is justified at all times.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always liked Barry the baseball player, but there are ways of treating people regardless if you want to give them your time or not. Too bad he has such a poor attitude, i can understand him having an attitude now ofcourse but not when ye was just starting out.
  • Bonds has always had a big racist chip on his shoulder and he still does. Nothing will change his perceptions. His pride and ignorance will be his ultimate downfall. If he was just a little bit nicer and more appreciative and little less of a jerk and not a cheater he would have retired as one of the greatest players ever. Now and forever, his legacy and his accomplishments are tainted.