Home Metal Detecting

GTI 2500 vs. F75?

I'm looking to take the next step up from my Ace 250, and had thought I was set on the 2500, but I figured I should ask about other brands in the same price range.

I'm in Northern NY, and mostly hunt old homesites/parks. I'm mainly interested in coins, but enjoy relic hunting as well.

No matter which model I decide on, I'll probably be buying from Kellyco. They seem to have an outstanding deal on the 2500 with accessories through Dec 31.

Anyone have (or had) both of these models that can offer some insight?

(Also, I've thought a little about the Infinium, but I like the imaging/LCD screens like that found on the Ace 250.)

Thanks!
Need to finish my Kennedys and Jeffersons!

Comments

• Morglan,

I can speak on the 2500 and the Ace 250. The first one I bought was the 250. I enjoyed it tremendously but I wanted more bells and whistles (plus, my wife told me I could go ahead and get the 2500 while we were still stationed in the UK) to go out and hunt with. The 250 is a great machine, but I prefer my 2500. I have hunted with the 2500 quite a bit but I still seem to learn more about the machine the more I hunt with it. It is a great machine--my last day hunting in the UK--me and two other guys out in the field detecting--one had an Explorer and the other had a Whites DFX. I out hunted the two of them that day and had three times more "Keepers" than the two of them together. Now don't get me wrong, I know there are a lot of folks out there who love both of those machines and I'm sure I would too if I had one of them. I obviously walked over the "better parts" of the fields instead of the two of them. The one guy with the explorer had found numerous items from that area, so I know he knows how to use his machine--it was just my lucky day.

As far as buying from Kellyco--I couldn't agree with you more. That's where I bought both of my detectors. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a new detector.

Speer34
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • I own a Gti 2500......I would personally not own anything else...But that's just me...There are a lot of good machines out there. Speer..I have experienced the same as you. I was following a guy that owned a White's machine, and constantly found keepers he was walking over. Now trust me....knowledge of your system is important...a person that knows his machine is going to out hunt a person with the same technology but less experienced...

But for my money, I love my GTi 2500...........
  • Morglan,

Millennium and Goldrush0013 were big reasons I decided to get the 2500 when I got mine. I had listened to the two of them and the experiences they had with their machines. Millennium and Goldrush were both helpful with many questions that I had after buying the machine. Which ever machine you decide to go with, learn it from the inside out--everything there is to know about it, you want to have that in your head.

Let us know what you decide to purchase.

Speer34
    Speer34

imageimageimage