Home Sports Talk

The Quaterback Leg Lift!!

StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
Payton does it, and I have seen others to it. Why is this allowed?? The quarterback lifts one leg in the air and puts it back down prior to the snapping of the ball. When did this start?? If an offensive linemen lifts his hand off the ground is that not offsides, as long as a defense player crosses the line??

Comments

• Originally it was for the silent count, now they do it all the time.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• most often it is the signal for the wrs/rb/fb/ or whoever to go in motion.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    To take a quick leak because they're afraid of the defense they see?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i thought he was cutting a fart image thanx i learned something image
  • damn.
    ron beat me to it.

pretty sure they are marking their territory.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Rube stole my answer!!! image

Steve
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Payton does it, and I have seen others to it. Why is this allowed?? The quarterback lifts one leg in the air and puts it back down prior to the snapping of the ball. When did this start?? If an offensive linemen lifts his hand off the ground is that not offsides, as long as a defense player crosses the line?? >>

The point of difference between the QB and the linemen is the linemen are in a set position. Once you are set you can't come out if you are on the line. Watch the WR and TE that go in motion, they are off the line or not set. The QB is off the line and therefore can move about prior to the snap