Home Sports Talk
Options

Please Andy Reid...leave Feeley in as the starter

stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, almost every NFL fan with almost every NFL team can do the "woulda, coulda, and shoulda" thing. But there is no doubt in my mind that the Eagles would be looking at a first round bye right now for the playoffs if McNabb was not the quarterback this season....if Feeley would have been the starter as he should have been all season...or any other relatively competent backup quarterback was in there instead of McNabb.

I clearly stated in some posts here during the off season, after the Eagles drafted a quarterback with their first pick, that I hoped that the Eagles would keep Garcia, groom Kolb, and trade McNabb...and Feeley could have still been signed as the backup if Garcia faltered. I mean they let Trotter go because he couldn't do the job any longer and the same should have been done with McNabb.

I could probably make this a 10,000 word post but the bottom line is that Reid needs to leave Feeley in there as the starter...unfortunately I doubt if he will...McNabb will be most likely be back as the starter and the Eagles will then most likely not make the playoffs this season. That would be unfortunate because the NFC is weak, and any team making the playoffs has a decent shot at getting into the Super Bowl.

-

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im very suprised how well Feeley played, not bad for a journey man back up! He might have found a home and a starting job last night...

I was suprised to hear McNabb didnt even make the trip, I know its the Eagles policy that if you dont dress you dont travel w/the team but your talking about the supposed leader of your football team. He should have been there IMO
  • Options
    Yeah he played ok, but still made 2 plays that cost them the win. I wouldnt get too excited, Todd Bouman was on everyones hot list in Minnesota when DC was in the slumps. How is he doing now? Id put Touchy Feeley in that same mold.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Im very suprised how well Feeley played, not bad for a journey man back up! He might have found a home and a starting job last night... >>

I'm not surprised at all. Wasn't Feeley the QB for Miami last year when the Pats got smoked 30 something to nothing? The guy just plays well against NE. Whether he can do the same to all the other teams in the league, we'll see.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Feeley is a one hit wonder, we all know that, and wasn't it I, like 4 years ago that I was saying McNadd wasn't a winner? If you had
    just listened to me, you all might be the hunt right now.

The Eagles just did a HUGE service to the rest of the league, they exposed the Patriots weaknesses. You better believe that the
    Patsies are going to be facing blitzes from here on out and a two man cover on Moss. They will also be seeing plenty of over
    the top action on defense, their DB are beatable...all game long! The patsies are one dimentional right, and that just won't work
    against better teams.

I guess you all took one for the team huh? Thanks

JS
  • Options
    Eagle fans have been robbed for the past few years. Anybody is better than McNumb. Freely, Garcia, just put anybody back there and they will do as good or better than McNub.

Far as I'm concerned, McCrumby made only one big game pass in his entire career. That 4th and 26 yards to go against the Packers a few years ago in the NFC play-offs. Funny thing is, he was off balance when he made the throw.

TO was right!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Hey CB, you dont think the smartest coach in the NFL wont make adjustments for the
    next game?
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey - McNabb was one heckuva quarterback years ago...no question one of the tops in the league...however, those days are over. Yes, he'll have a good game now and then like he did against the Lions...but having a good game now and then isn't good enough to get to the Super Bowl.