Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Puerto Rican coins

Does anyone have high-resolution (suitable for print) images of Puerto Rican coins of the old "Red Book" types?

(Decimal coinage of Alphonso XIII: 5c, 10c, 40c, peso)

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not I, sorry. I have high-res photos of all of the coins I've ever photographed, but haven't had the chance to shoot PR coins, yet.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I bought a little PR 10c from coinpictures a year or so ago, and he always has nice pictures (as befitting someone with the name "coinpictures"). But I dunno if he still has a picture of it. It was a low- to midgrade piece. I can't find a picture of it. I am pretty sure I still have the coin around somewhere, but I will have to find that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

I would guess that doing archive searches at Heritage and coinarchives.com would turn up a bunch (and in considerably nicer condition).
  • Options
    Is that the one I bought? A 5-centavo? My memory's shot. I remember getting a small PR coin from you. Dang, what did I do with the thing? I do not remember selling it.

PS- if that IS the one I bought from you, would you mind my snagging the picture to use, should it reappear and subsequently go into my eBay stuff?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have these two attachments at higher resolution, but since they are loaded on Flickr, I do not know how to post them. If you wish, I could email them to you.
    Let me know if you pm your address.

imageimage
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that the one I bought? A 5-centavo? My memory's shot. I remember getting a small PR coin from you. Dang, what did I do with the thing? I do not remember selling it.

PS- if that IS the one I bought from you, would you mind my snagging the picture to use, should it reappear and subsequently go into my eBay stuff? >>

I believe that's the one you bought. Heck, I can't remember that far back; I'm old (not as old as Aethelred of course, but old).

As far as the image, sure dowhatchalike.
  • Options
    I don't remember a cud on the coin. That might not be the one I bought. I have to find the dang thing and compare it to the pic. image

• Options
    I don't ever remember PR coinage being in the Red Book, BTW. How long ago was that? It should be, though, come to think of it.