Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official CU "Nice to meet you" thread!

2»

Comments

• Mike
    Collection has changed focus so many times....back to rookies for the moment.

• chbchb Posts: 212
    Mark
    42 (in 2 days. when did I get old--how did this happen!?)
    Indiana
    Collecting boxing
    Props to Lee for taking this pic of me at a recent comic convention:
  • kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Kurt
    2007 minus 1964 = 43 years old, right?
    Alameda, CA
    I'm a new old guy (A&G, both the Heritages), but am about 85% on complete my NM '72 set with every regular Topps Baseball forward done.

What I aspire to look like image

What I'm doing to reach my aspirations (I'm on the left with offspring #1) image
    IWTDMBII
  • Name: John
    Current Focus:

High grade raw cards from the 80's to early 90's
    The occasional box and pack breaks
    Some vintage

Have lately been focused on 80's GI Joe, 82-88/89, mint loose figures and vehicles.
  • Don't know about yooz, but these pictures are freakin me out.

• << <i>Don't know about yooz, but these pictures are freakin me out. >>

HAHA... yeah, it seems I was the only one to post an actual photo... it's cool though, it keeps the thread going!

• Name:: Donovan
    Current Focus: 89 Fleer FF Master set and articles, 2005 Bowman Draft R. Martin master set and asst. current Dodger RC
    imageimageimage
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    chbs is real, ive seen him,we went to same ugly convention image we got paid 5$ a autograph too,made out like a banditimage
    me 39 years ago after 2 days of tet offensive ,before i went to ocs,wasnt very happy, fun factor zero-

• << <i>chbs is real, ive seen him >>

LOL...

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I like thome...Do you have a buckett? I would love to see some scans of some of his stuff...

• I literally just laughed out loud on that one.

ted,do you have a secret computer with hundered of thousand of pics and videoclips on em image
    that sea lion is big,id give him his bucket back ,and 3 more just like it
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, so if this is lame, just dont reply and it'll get buried.... if you dig it... then please participate!

I'm fairly new to the boards and I dont know everyone... I figured a quick thread can take care of that.

Rules: List your name, state (or city and state), age, and current collecting focus (cards or otherwise). And photo is 100% optional.

Name:: Alan W. Bailey II
    Current Focus: 1949 Bowman Baseball in PSA 5, 6 or 7

Me:

image >>

This has actually been done before on here.

INTERVIEW FOR MESSAGE BOARD MEMBERS

Might give you a few more details about the good folks on here. image

Jeff
  • So I'm new here. Name's Mr. Becker (obviously) from Knoxville, TN. Collecting Atlanta Braves and Shawn Kemp cards.
    Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.
  • Welcome Mr Becker!

• Name: Jon
    Current Focus: Chipping away at my Topps Baseball 69, 70 (only 6 to go), 72 wants list in EX-MNT condition. Pick up Carl Crawford cards here and there as well.

Wishing the baseball season would come round again quickly....

• << <i>Name: Jon
    Current Focus: Chipping away at my Topps Baseball 69, 70 (only 6 to go), 72 wants list in EX-MNT condition. Pick up Carl Crawford cards here and there as well.

Wishing the baseball season would come round again quickly.... >>

Welcome to the Boards Jon! I wish baseball season would come back sooner too!

• << <i>
    Welcome to the Boards Jon! I wish baseball season would come back sooner too! >>

Thanks for the welcome. I enjoy watching the NFL without rooting for any team in particular so will concentrate on that for the next couple of months (how surprisingly exciting was the Pats/Eagles match last night?), but baseball's my real passion as far as US sports go.
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Name: Bond, James Bond (Ok, it's really Steve. My friends at work call me Steve-O)
    Current Focus: Any Braves/Mets items with Carl Willey on it. Plus Red Sox and Patriots items.

I'd post a pic, but if your wives/girlfriends saw it, they would be like "Ohh, who is that sexy guy??" Then you all would hate me and I would never be able to post here again.

Ok, if you insist, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Bah Habah! I love it!

That's like my home town... everyone calls it "Manchesta Na Hamsha"

• bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like thome...Do you have a buckett? I would love to see some scans of some of his stuff...

image >>

I havent laughed that hard in a long time image

Jake
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

<< <i>I like thome...Do you have a buckett? I would love to see some scans of some of his stuff...

image >>

Dam it, now you owe me a new keyboard cause I just blew Coke all over mine laughing! image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.