Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NPs from the Dearborn show!

Yes, I ran right over to the DARKSIDE forum with the NPs! The 1st is a Piefort! The rest are just modern silver proofs from Cuba, but the toning is very nice!

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Very tempting designs !! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    Prettyimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    Hard to choose a favorite design on the Cubans but I love the toning on the 500 years of discovery! But the design with the pyramids is kind of neat, now I have to check it out Online and see what it is about.
    Nice finds!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pyramids are cool looking, but I'm not too sure I want to know whats going on in the background!

I'm kind of fond of the classic Guatemalan bird design.

Thanks for posting image

Cathy

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I love that hummingbird. image
    Becky
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Any chance someone can lookup the number of the 1 Quetzal in the Unusual World Coin Catalog for me!

Thanks!!!

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    X# P1, mintage 16, $125.00
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options

<< <i>X# P1, mintage 16, $125.00 >>

Thanks!!!

Guatemala must not be popular at all! A mintage of 16 and a price of $125! BTW, I paid less than $100 for it!

• Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    That seems like a good deal. The hummingbird design is pretty neat - I'd have thought that it would list for more.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Pop less then 16,,,,,,, Dang Dude,,,,,, you ROCK! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    Just in case anyone is interested, the Guatemala Pattern graded a PF67CAM across the street!