Home Sports Talk
Options

Congrats to Warrick Dunn on 10,000+ Career Yards

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
Didn't it seem like it was yesterday that Warrick Dunn was trying to get into a league that he was too small for as a RB? And now, in his 11th year and 160 games later he now has 10,000 career rushing yards (plus almost 4,000 receiving yards). Congrats to him. I think his chances at the HOF are slim, but I'll always see him as a great NFL player and a class act.

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. Maybe his HOF chances may have been better if not for touchdown vulture Mike Alstott.

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on all points - while never an upper echelon back, he has been steadily good for a decade.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to him! Quite an accomplishment for a guy who is not much more than 190llbs, as mentioned a class act as well.
  • Options
    impressive stats indeed for one of snow whites seven dwarves!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Where DID that boy go to college...what a stud!

JS
  • Options
    I didn't realize he was that close....Kudos to him!
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Joestalin,

Dunn is a Seminole who graduated from FSU in 1997 with a degree in Information Studies. Here's a link to a resolution by the Georgia General Assembly commending him for his achievements as a professional football player and a humanitarian.

Resolution Commending Dunn

Dunn's mother was killed in the line of duty during his senior year in high school leaving him to care for his five (5) younger bothers and sisters. Truly, a great human being.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Come on man, he already knows the story!
  • Options
    I wish he would be traded or retire too. I'm sick of watching him continuously try to run up the middle for no gain. It's like the Falcons bread and butter play if they want negative yards. He's about as valuable to them now as the gum stuck under the Georgia Dome seats!