Home Sports Talk
Options

Stupid chop block penalty cost Lions a touchdown

Most likely anyway, first and goal with less than a yard to the endzone and a Lion does something stupid and they end up
with a 15 yard penalty and then lose more yardage and end up kicking a field goal. If that dumb penalty costs them the game....... grrr.

Comments

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If you look at the replay, the Lions tackle had aaron kampman engaged in a block, and the Lions center dove straight at kampman's knees.

It wasn't a stupid penalty, it was the right call for a chicken image play by a loser lineman. The Lions weren't in the endzone yet and probably would have been, but it was a good call. A fired up Kampman made a sack on the next play, so maybe that play did help decide the outcome.
  • Options

<< <i>If you look at the replay, the Lions tackle had aaron kampman engaged in a block, and the Lions center dove straight at kampman's knees.

It wasn't a stupid penalty, it was the right call for a chicken image play by a loser lineman. The Lions weren't in the endzone yet and probably would have been, but it was a good call. A fired up Kampman made a sack on the next play, so maybe that play did help decide the outcome. >>

I didnt' word it right, I meant the Lions player was stupid for what he did to get the penalty called on him.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

10-1 is all I know!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If you look at it in slow motion the center has nobody to block and just does something stupid and cheap.

You Lions fans should get those foam bricks that Packers fans have had for years - they're for throwing at the TV without damage, when the Packers player does something stupid and costs Packers a 1st down, touchdown, or turnover.

Link to ridiculous cheese brick!

I guess all teams make dumb mistakes sometimes. I was glad to see it wasn't one of ours yesterday.