Home Sports Talk
Options

My take on the Michigan coaching search.

It's going to be an interesting road to a new head coach. For example, will Michigan opt for a Carr with Les Miles? Or will they go down another road instead with TedFORD.

As an Ohio State fan, I would love to see them choose a "mini-Cooper". Regardless of the ride, next fall they could find themselves Gruden on a Saturday afternoon.

C'MON, WHOSE WITH ME! GIVE ME A RIM SHOT!

Ron
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Most of the UM fans around here are lathering over Miles. Not sure what Miles tearing up yesterday means to the entire process, could mean he wants the job and is sad leaving LSU, or knows its not the right time to change and is upset. With his offensive coordinator rumored to be the next Husker head coach, if he leaves it will put a hurt on LSU. Why do coaches keep bailing on LSU, assuming Miles does indeed leave.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LSU is not the easiest job... but neither is UM

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Callahan should be available soon.
  • Options
    I don't see Tedford getting the job... now if Cal were unbeaten and ranked #1 which is what afew folks thought was possible, myself included, then it would be possible. Pac-8 (Pac-10) coaches have made a successful move to the Big Ten. Pete Elliot, Mike White and Cooper to name 3.

• Options
    Miles has strong personal ties to UM, I think it would be hard for him to turn down the job if offered. There is no guarantee that he
    will be offered the job, I don't think he will be the only candidate.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they'll consult the (Brian) KELLY BLUE BOOK before they hire!

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Glen Mason or Tim Brewster. Please?
  • Options
    LSU will win the National Championship. Les Miles will leave to coach Michigan. The coaching job at LSU won't be open for long, because Bobby Petrino will have finished the season with a 4-12 record and won't want any future part of the mess that is the Atlanta Falcons. He will take the LSU job with a big smile on his face!
  • Options
    I am not convinced LSU will win the National Championship yet.

• Options
    well...

• Options
    Two gift chances at #1 this season and they choke both times. Great job LSU!

Coinkat......great call! The rest of my prediction still goes. Only this time, i think they will want Miles out for losing those games. There is still a far, far, far, outside chance they could still make it in, but it's better they don't. I don't want to see a National Champion with two losses.

The Bowl matchups should be fun though this year.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I suspect yesterday's loss makes it easier for Miles to take the job if offered, but I am wondering if that gives UM an excuse not to offer it to him. Either way the loss created an interesting situation.
  • Options

<< <i>I suspect yesterday's loss makes it easier for Miles to take the job if offered, but I am wondering if that gives UM an excuse not to offer it to him. Either way the loss created an interesting situation. >>

If UM really wants him I don't think that loss will deter them, it wasen't like LSU was blown out and this has been a very strange year
    in college football anyway with upsets all over the place, so much so that this loss was not that surprising.

UM needs to take their time on making a decision, no need to rush at this point.