Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Lincoln Registry Sets are up!

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
Check them out! That variety set has a lot of varieties!

Looks like I get to be No. 1, if but for just a moment.
Doug

Comments

• Options
    Thats Great! I heard that the Kennedy Half Dollars were going to be right after those "ugly little pieces" of copper and zinc! image
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Is it the short set they have been working on since 2003?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check them out! That variety set has a lot of varieties!

Looks like I get to be No. 1, if but for just a moment. >>

Damn! Too bad they're not giving out the awards today for Finest All Time Sets!

I wonder when the IKEs will get updated?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Well, I know Jaime will be happy that all of the 1982 varieties are in the set.
    Doug
  • Options
    It only took 4 hours for someone to knock me off my perch....image
    Doug
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    WOW! I looked at that new Lincoln business strikes complete variety set needing 370 business strike coins and I said again, WOW! I challenge even Stewart to have THAT set at 100% by 2009. That would REALLY be something. Glad I'm not into those kind of varieties, but I am truly impressed with any Lincoln cent collector who is. Good luck. Steveimage
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is that I hear??? Sound like a bunch of ANACS slabs being cracked!!!!!! its about time I put those few odd varieties to good use.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Cool! Good job pcgs.

Holy Cow Watersport! Your collection rules!
  • Options
    I like the Classic set from 09-64 with the only varieties being the 22 No D, 1955 DDO, and the small date 60's. That is very nostalgic to me.
    Doug
  • Options
    THANKS DOUG for the update I'm right behind you at #2 for a while. Have a problem with some of my 72 DDO and 97Double Ear and my 1980 DDO not being able to upload maybe not in their system as the same coin. I'll have to contact BJ and see if she can help with
    these extras I've got in PCGS slabs. I kind of wondered why the economy error listing for submissions went by the way side now I know.
    Just sent another group in to get graded and slabbed going to be expensive to complete this set at $40 a coin. Sent my 72 DDO#5,6,7 in
    along with 59DDO, 63D DDO and a super nice 64DDR. Should be hearing from the graders any day now as to these coins. I didn't even
    see this set coming along so I'm glad I sent these in.
    Mike.
    Someday REAL American HERO's will be on our COINS.
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price of Anacs slabs just Doubled and on Ebay because of this series. And the cost to get these coins at $15 PLUS grading fees, well, PCGS bottom line just went up. But it is not a very achievable set and I doubt will have many participants due to the interest and cost of the material required. But it will be a good way to show some of the neat examples people have collected that fit no where else. DBmike and Rabbitracks have cools stuff I wish I had.

Now if they would do this for the Lincoln Proofs..well now, I might like that better.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    I'm new to this website, and cannot find what you guys are talking about. Could someone post a link?
    -Gabe
  • Options
    Many nice sets there already! I'll have a look see to the see how they recognize the coin number for many of these new varieties.

New Lincoln Registry set

David
  • Options
    And there is also this new set, which I really like:

Lincoln Classic Set 1909-1964
    Doug
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Wow...I got to sit in 2nd place for a couple hours also.

Also found out I have to do variety sevice to get my 1941 DDO & 1943-D/D to qualify for this set.

Curiousity(sp) also made me do a "What If" on some of these varieties and found that some do not yet have a coin graded in any grade (BN< RB<RD)

Still an interesting set...

Mike
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks for the thread. Congrats to the new set owners. I'm, especially, happy to see WaterSport claim the
    #1 spot. That's a nice collection and he should be very proud of it's current position.

I'll probably create a collection in the 1909-1964 Classical Lincoln Set. But, I'll probably pass on that complete variety
    set. Good luck to those who tackle that set. I noticed the 58 DDO is required. Aren't there like only one of those?

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a TOUGH set. I'm happy I finally get to do something with the Type 2 Memorials. 7 down, 363 to go.

Are they going to add all the same Circ coins to the Complete Variety Set for Circulation and Proofs?
  • Options
    Lincoln Cents Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes (1909-present)

Finally!!! image

Of course, PCGS, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that any coins already slabbed in "mint error" holders will go in as generic instead of the variety on the slab! image

e.g.

• Options
    Roger, I hear ya. I heard from BJ on the coins I had that wouldn't load and all of my extra 72DDO's, 80DDO, 97Double Ear
    and even my 1941 DDO are all going to have to go back for reattribution again as well as all the coins they have getting
    graded right now at PCGS. I have 11 others at home that will be going in someday soon also that hopefully will get
    attributed and slabbed. Definitely is going to be an expensive endeavor to try and complete this set!image
    But it is still a lot of fun to come across great ERROR'S to fill those slots.image
    Mike.
    Someday REAL American HERO's will be on our COINS.
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl