Home Sports Talk
Options

Angels go after another has been...

Nice to see the Angels get rid of another solid .300 infielder like Cabrera for Garland. Every pitcher (since Nolan Ryan) has been a disappointment that they traded for. Colon was the perfect example of this. You would think that being so close to the Dodger's that some of the smarts would have rubbed off by now on how to build a pitching staff. I seem to say the same comment every year, "If we had the Dodgers Pitching staff with our hitters power/speed (1st to 3rd led the league again) we would own it".

Lokks like i'm saying it again.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was scratching my head at that trade as well. Who are they going to have a shortstop? Wanna make deal for Lugo? image
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the trade. They were not going to resign him so they got something back. I hope they turn the position over to Wood. I would like to see Garland (not Kendrick/Wood or our young pitching) in a package to get a power bat to slot in between Vlad and Garrett.

The next move will tell the real story here -- assuming there is one.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i'm also hoping you trade for tejada from the O's!!!! you can also have mora as a bench player
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    OC is in the last year of his contract and right now his replacement will be Eybar. He's very good with the glove and will hit along the lines of Cabrara.

Angels love pitching. The more they have , the better they are. Any ways, I would agree that the Angels made the trade as part of making yet another move.

Carew - Colon was signed as a free agent and he did win the cy young in an Angels uniform
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Maybe because the Angels were thinking about this trade afterwards.

Miguel Cabrera Rumors
    I think it's about time to dissect the Miguel Cabrera situation, don't you? The Angels, Dodgers, Giants, White Sox, and maybe the Rangers are battling to acquire him.

Five days ago, the Angels were the frontrunners. It was even suggested a trade could be completed by Thanksgiving. But according to Ken Rosenthal, the Dodgers now have the lead. It may require Matt Kemp, Andy LaRoche, and Clayton Kershaw. Now that's quality.

Rosenthal has a source saying the Halos may counter with Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick, Chris Bootcheck, and Nick Adenhart. It's thought that the Angels' acquisition of Jon Garland frees them up to trade a starter or two. Many other Angels interest the Marlins - Joe Saunders, Brandon Wood, Mike Napoli, Jeff Mathis, or Reggie Willits could enter the picture. Miguel Tejada is said to be the Angels' fallback option.

The proposed White Sox package of Josh Fields, Ryan Sweeney, and Gio Gonzalez just doesn't seem comparable to the above.

Should the Dodgers give up Kemp to snag Cabrera, they'll then sign a free agent center fielder. Aaron Rowand is the flavor of the week.

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Tejada is just another--"Guillen" in disguise and we won't need players with bad attitudes. I'm interested to see if Tejada shows up on the Mitchell report myself.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Tejada is mentioned in Canseco's book as a juicer.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I think this works if Garland has more than one year left on his contract...the angels now have pitching that they can trade for a run producer.....it also weakened the White Sox if you ask me....even though they now have a shortstop that can hit, who is going to pitch for them.....I'm an Indians fan so I have no complaints...
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tejada's also the guy that framed Raffy Palmeiro! image

Steve
  • Options
    I think this works if Garland has more than one year left on his contract...

I'm fairly positive that Garland only has a year left. Lets remember that Cabrera is a lifetime .274 hitter. Last year was a career year. Eybar, who I'll assume is his replace can hit. No worries, but then again Cabrera was great with the fans and in the club house and that will be hard to replace
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Holy Cow!!! We just snagged TORI HUNTER !!!!!image

And now they are aggresively going after Miguel Cabrera
  • Options
    there is no way Brandon Wood ever plays in the Majors....

he has THE WORST PLATE DISCIPLING OF ANYONE TO PLAY ORGANIZED BASEBALL AND HE CANT HIT A CURVE...

major league pitchers will eat this kid for breakfast....

being a major league hitter is more than having power...its abot understanding the strike zone ala Pujols