Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

FS: 1795 Morgan Dollar PCGS PR-63 pq

Bought this for a customer just starting to get back into collecting after a hiatus of about 30 years. I was extremely fortunate to locate one, as although the 1893-S is considered the King of the Morgan Dollars, and I suppose it is in high grades, a large (500 dealer plus) show will often have a half dozen 1893-S examples in the bourse ranging from Fine to AU-53/55. Dozens of large shows will go by, however, without a SINGLE Proof Morgan, even in the grade of Fine!

The point I'm making is that the customer only wants to pay Graysheet bid for the coin ($40,000), a price many thousands under what I paid. He doesn't yet realize that The Graysheet, particularly for key dates in popular series is not a retail price sheet. We dealers sometimes pay multiples of Grayshet prices for key coins with outstanding eye appeal. Bear in mind that Fines often sell for $25,000 or more, such is the demand. If we can't come to terms in the next day or so, I'll put it up for sale on eBay in the $48500 range. It has beutiful cobalt blue and purple toning and very few hairlines, almost none is is VERY conservarively graded.

Link

Comments anyone?

Ira
Dealer/old-time collector

Comments

• Options
    Aww...i was exited to see a 1795 morgan dollar imageimage

Not a bad looking 1895, not my series but good luck selling!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    Whew. My post is really pitiful. Of course, I meant 1895 Morgan Dollar as Speety has pointed out, NOT 1795 Morgan, and when I referred to not finding a single proof Morgan even at major shows, I was referring to an 1895 Proof Morgan, not just any old Proof Morgan, many of which are seen on the bourse at major shows, Guess I've gone past my bedtime.

Ira
    Dealer/old-time collector