Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Even higher than I thought - '71 Munson

In almost 6 years of collecting 1971 Greatest Moments, I've never seen a PSA 7 Munson on ebay. I haven't kept strict records, or watched with complete vigilance, but I think I've seen one 6. A handful of 5s, including the one I bought for $54 5 years ago. Other more knowledgeable colelctors I'm sure keep track of auction house sales, but I always get priced out early on those. A 7 just ended last night for more than a thousand more than what I thought it would go for. It was at $1600 with 3 days to go, so I figured there would still be some action, but that's quite a number to see on a Monday morning. A PSA 7 Reggie Jackson sold for less than a quarter of that a couple weeks ago, and that's maybe not quite as tough a card but it's one of the hardest and biggest name. Could that be the highest figure a 1970s card has sold for? Especially since it's "only a 7."

Congratulations to the winner on a real keystone.
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• Options
    helio-

I was watching the auction as well. I was thinkin 2500, though had no intentions of bidding. Love the set thinking of doing it raw but have been for the last 5 yrsimage

As far as I know thats the highest psa 7 70's card by far!!!

Gator

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    The Munson PSA 7 is very desirable and I have owned two at one time (when only 4 existed). I sold one to a collector for $2500 directly and did a trade with another guy valued at $2500. I have a gorgeous Munson left that is currently in a PSA 8oc. I believe it could grade out a straight PSA 8, but PSA shot it down. It can convert to a straight PSA 7, but I actually like it in the PSA 8 holder. There is zero white around the edges or corners. I believe it is the nicest Munson known to exist as I have seen all the PSA 7's to date.

Maybe someday I can get PSA to change their minds on it.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a 6 if not a 5