Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What do you think if this idea for selling your PCGS coins....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am considering putting this idea to BJ, but thought I would pass it by the members to see if you think it will fly or even if you like the idea.

I was think that BJ could create a catagorey on the Registry called "Coins for Sale". You could name the set your name or company or whatever. All PCGS coins could be put in there just like the "create your own" catagories that are in place now. Put your pics in if you have them and your price or whatever in the comments.

This would free the forum of sell threads that some people don't like.

You wouldn't have to worry about it going off the first page....everyone would know to look out at the Registry for "coins for sell"

It would be easy to maintain.

And of course you could put a link to your set in your sig line.

What do you think?

Jon

Comments

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Nice idea!! This way you will not need to go through all the useless BST threads to look for registry coins for sale.
  • Options
    Great idea - my coins for sale are currently are in it's own set that I created but they would be better seen in your idea.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Great Idea.

What an easy way to list coins for sale!

• Options
    I love the idea.....I would not have to mark up so much to cover ebay fees.
  • Options
    If I cannot find the particular coin I want, then it would be useless once it grew too large (kind of like the BST board)

I would suggest a link off the current sets that would give me a list of that particular coin someone had for sale. You should also be albe to see any coin for sale that would upgrade your particular set. Unless the coins are easy to find, no one will go and look for them.
  • Options
    Outstanding idea if BJ can make it happen! Who said those "Dime" collectors can't come up with good ideas?image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see what happens...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Great idea Jon. Get your Barber dimes up there first! image
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Great Idea............It would sure make things allot simpler and less congested on the BST and not have to bump it everyday )or couple of hours for us that accidentially don't comply).
  • Options
    I will get with BJ and see what she says.

Thanks for the responses.
  • Options
    I Love the Idea. All serious collectors will frequent the site!!!!!!!
    The Presidential Collection
  • Options
    dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    Gee shouldn't PCGS at least get a percentage of the sales since it's their site, their computer your using and their time?

Let's say 7.5% to start with larger % as dollar figure goes up.

What do you say Dave? imageimage
  • Options

I got a reply from BJ. She likes the idea and is going to get with David.

Hope t works out.

Jon
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    So, some logistics to work out......

Would this be divided by denominations, similar to the registry sets?
    In other words, if we're looking for nickels ( image ), we would go there & see the different mamber's 'sets' for sale?
    Or if listed by member's name, and weeding through what each member has for sale?
    If by denomination, there would have to be space for more than one coin for each date, JIC.

Also, not so sure how members of the CCE would feel as I am sure they are paying to have a similar feature.

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    It would be more convenient if it were divided by denomination and or type.

Great idea DIMEMAN image