Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Needing 1 more coin...NOT ANY MORE!!!!

in Proof cam/dcam to finish off my birthyear set of 56 (1956).

just a jeffie, one nice little jeffie....

I checked Heritage and the flea- nada, zilch.

anyone got a spare 6 or 7 in cam or dcam?

I want to thank Conrad for fillin the whole with a VERY FINE EXAMPLE of a Proof cameo Jeffie.

I'm terrible at linking stuff- but I'm ranked at 17 for the 56 Proof set division.

Now I;m gonna send in the whole mess and see if I can get the upgrades on them.- That would be a hoot if it did bump a few points.

2 sets in the 100- now to work on that 52 and a set in 64, for now.........

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What grade is the Lincoln in your set?
    Doug
  • Options
    67Cam- in an OGH. No shot for an upgrade unless the standards really change, but is a good cameo and the strike is stong.

Once I get the jeffie, I'll find me a really good photg to shoot em for the board listings.

I'm sitting on 6 others for the mint/proof set- but they are from the other side- when I get 4 more that I like - I'm a shipping em all off to David to cross to this set.

then I'll finish off the 52's and 51's
  • Options
    and tonight I see one that I want to fulfill the set- but this one looks to be moon money in the end

a 68cam that has 5 to go

Carl- thought you had one?.......
  • Options
    maybe tonight....maybe tomorrow, but..

I will have this set complete by years end...

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    33 more posts to 5K.

Good luck & congrats on the soon to be "milestone" post.

I'll keep an eye open for ya. image
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM Sent. I have one you might be interested in.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

<< <i>PM Sent. I have one you might be interested in. >>

Replied....

Thanks Cameonut.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just curious because I have a couple of 67cam's and a 68cam that I am thinking about moving.
    Doug
  • Options
    I'm complete on the 56!!!!!!
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!! image

And you're also at 5000 even as of now! image
  • Options
    I've got a '56 Jeff in 67 Cam, but that is on my own birthyear set. image I really like the mirror like fields one finds on the PR 68s. I kinda regret selling my '56 from my award winning proof Jeff set. It was one of the 3 in PR 68 DCAM. The price was so high I can't complain though...

Coingrats on filling your last hole! (notice how I spelled congrats? image )

• Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Carl,

I remember when you sold the 1956 PR68DCam Jeff. I still regret not bidding higher. I think with one more bid I would have had the coin. It was a good lesson learned for me though. When trying to build a top set, don't let moon money get in the way.

Regards,
    Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    Thanks goes to Conrad- it is a very sweet Jeffie.

Now I need to find me a good picto taker guy (or gal) and get this whole set pictoed one time- post the pictos to my set, have you guys ohhh and ahhhh the pictoes.

Then I'ma gonna do smoethin nobody has ever done before..

I'ma gonna send the whole shebang to David and ask for a regrade/reholder thingy and a Pedicure to go with it.

Will they Pedicure the entire set if it manages to bump up even just 1 grade point- or does it have to be like numero uno for the series or coin itself?

if it does upgrade - and Pedicure- I will be a joyful kinda guy once again and believe that there is a Santa out there....

Carl- I'll hunt for the illusive 56-D full stepper in a 6- there has to be more than 1 or 2 out there..
  • Options
    <<Carl- I'll hunt for the illusive 56-D full stepper in a 6- there has to be more than 1 or 2 out there>>

Thanks! I'd be happy with a MS 65 FS. I just found one in 64 FS. If you find a 65 or higher in FS call me first, I'll make it worth your while!

I think PCGS will pedigree your set if you make the top 5, but I haven't paid attention to the rules so really shouldn't be answering your question. As to a pedicure I'd have to say that PCGS slabs don't work very well on my ingrown toenails. image