Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

OT- A wee bit miffed at an ebay seller

This the first time in months I made a purchase of a coin on ebay (some nice Irish gold) and I am a wee bit miffed at the seller. He accepts payment by bidpay, personal check and MO so I send a check this was over a week ago and we are talking a check going from NH to NY. Well I went to my bank online and see the check has not cleared so I tried to contact the seller via ebay and email to ask if he had received the check and there has been no response. I emailed them again today and waiting a response. Mind you this auction ended 1 Nov and I sent payment in soon after that what is bugging me the most is I see the very same coin I won has been listed by the seller yesterday. Now if this is the same coin and it's been relisted I am going to be a little upset.

For one if he felt I was not going to pay shouldn't he have contacted me asking about payment before relisting the item? Secondly, no where on his listing does he have a date for payment to be made by (I was following the standard 7 day period) or if in the even the buyer never contacted him after a certain time that the item would be relisted. Basically it was a very sparse listing in the form of description or any other information. It's not so much the coin it's the fact that if there was a problem or the seller was unsure about my intent I'd rather be contacted about it and see the item relisted then on top of that one day log onto ebay and find a big fat neg was left for me because I didn't pay for something I very well made an attempt to. I always contact my buyers when I receive a mail payment and if I don't after a certain amount of time contact them to find out what has happened before I even think about relisting an item.

Rant over...LOL!

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    1. I've seen mail going 1 state over take a week to arrive, let alone the recipient depositing it, let alone it clearing to the originating bank. In my opinion you're being a wee bit impatient and/or anxious.

2. Are you sure he's relisting the same item as opposed to having multiples of the same item to sell (you didn't say if this was classic or modern material)?

A few deep breaths are in order. image
  • Options

<< <i>Are you sure he's relisting the same item as opposed to having multiples of the same item to sell >>

Or even worse, is he using a "stock photo" that may not be the coin you bought? image
    Roy

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the new auction?
    It's the third one the guy has listed in about a month, and I just noticed what must be number 4

I've been watching them sell and presumed he had multiples...

Cathy