Home Sports Talk
Options

A-Miracle

or A-Curse?

I'm still not sure.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate Arod but people do forget that Arod did carry the Yankees in April.............................................................. maybe thats it though?
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    Mr. April? image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Well, he certainly did help the Yanks win a lot of games last year. If he signs, I guess time will tell.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Yankees won a ton of games and WS titles w/o him.

Just an observation from a non Yankee/Red Sox fan.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Yankees sure did go to some extremes to keep the Red Sox out of the news during the World Series. Let Torre walk away, Have Apod op out and resign him at a later date. Geeez, what we will do to stay in the headlines
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>The Yankees won a ton of games and WS titles w/o him. >>

That's essentially my whole problem with the Arod fascination. We won the 4 World Series with pitching, defense, and clutch hitting. No Arods at all.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Get some pitching Gem and you'll win again.

A-Rod is a good signing and helps a ton in them 9-7 games but you need pitchers for the playoffs in them 4-2 games.

aconte
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Im not the biggest ARod supporter but gotta be fair. His head was in the game during the regular season this year. He was very clutch.

He's a Yankee again and for a very long time. I cant imagine being against him but he still has a lot to learn about being a Yankee. But time to accept it and support our Yanks, the TEAM!!
  • Options

<< <i>Get some pitching Gem and you'll win again.

A-Rod is a good signing and helps a ton in them 9-7 games but you need pitchers for the playoffs in them 4-2 games.

aconte >>

Hi Aconte. That's exactly what I'm saying about the pitchers.
  • Options
    Well I think A-Rod was a good signing especially considering the junk out there at 3rd base in the free agent market.

Pitching is a big need but I think the free agents are scarce too. I think the first chance you get to sign a decent pitcher
    you got to do it. I also think Mariano is not worth big money unless he improves somewhat.

And by the way I think A-Rod was a good signing!!!image

Go Yanks!

aconte
  • Options
    I PREDICT THE YANKEES DONT WIN ANOTHER WORLD SERIES FOR 10 YEARS...

And im a Yankees fan

Us NEW YORKERS know winners when we see, and AROD sure is not a winner!

HE IS A MERCENARY, goes were the money is best, he has ZERO passion for winning....
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I think A-Rod was a good signing especially considering the junk out there at 3rd base in the free agent market.

Pitching is a big need but I think the free agents are scarce too. I think the first chance you get to sign a decent pitcher
    you got to do it. I also think Mariano is not worth big money unless he improves somewhat.

And by the way I think A-Rod was a good signing!!!image

Go Yanks!

aconte >>

some of the "junk" that is or is likely available could include Lowell, Cabrera, Crede, and Rolen...not all free agents and not all junk. There may be more, but those four just popped to the top of my list.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Around the league he's known as The Cooler. That's all you need to know.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Lowell will resign with the Red Sox. He's the only FA on the list I see. Crede should return with the Sox after arbitration.

I agree there are others out there but not of the caliber of A-Rod. And most of the FA's are junk.

A-Rod may be a curse but the Yanks will get 10 more years to give it a go.image I wish I had to chances with the Phillies.
    We got Wes Helms at third. Enough said.....

aconte
  • Options

<< <i>I agree there are others out there but not of the caliber of A-Rod >>

indeed, there are really no other players who are as good as Arod during the regular season.
  • Options

<< <i>

indeed, there are really no other players who are as good as Arod during the regular season. >>

Best regular season player in the game!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

indeed, there are really no other players who are as good as Arod during the regular season. >>

Best regular season player in the game!

image >>

imageimage