Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

You thought the price was nuts when it sold for $600 on Teletrade...

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I don't know which is more amusing, the lack of a best offer option or the claim "most beautiful by far" in the subheading. Talk about putting lipstick on a pig....

(and yes, I'm jealous)

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    It IS a nice Churchill crown.

Why, I would be a buyer... at 1/100th the price. I reckon I'd go thirty bucks on that one, and there ain't many Churchills I'd say that about.

Three grand? He just got crazy with a couple decimal places, that's all. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going out on a limb on this and predict it won't sell.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Wow, the Fungus is Nostradamus, now.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don, if you ever manage to sell the 64 I'm sending you for more than a grand - I'm coming to NY and the dinner's on you image
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, think I will see if he will take my Satin Churchill and TWO THOUSAND more dollars!
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    We know this guy on the PCGS message boards as pharmer and he likes to show off his toners on his eBay store.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We know this guy on the PCGS message boards as pharmer and he likes to show off his toners on his eBay store. >>

I'd love to hear an explanation of that toning, because from the images it seems so artificial it makes my eyes hurt just to look at it. image
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Did you see the toned Chinese Junk dollar in his store? Very similar toning.
    While he's not the doctor, it appears as though he enjoys the work.
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Not to be crude but I imagine this fellow is expecting that sucker we here is born every minute to show up.
    Which brings me to another question, do ebay bidders do any research before they bid on something?
    It's amazing to me to see a bidder win something 4 times its value when a lot of times they could have
    just out right bought it for less someplace else. It amazes me.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you see the toned Chinese Junk dollar in his store? Very similar toning.
    While he's not the doctor, it appears as though he enjoys the work. >>

Yes, it's very interesting that a silver coin and a copper-nickel one will tone in exactly the same manner, almost as if someone was using a paint-by-numbers template. image Did the graders at PCGS consider that?
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    the seller's ebay store is just fishing for suckers. that price, and that artificial toning is absurd.