Home Sports Talk
Options

Mo offered 45 million... pre-emptive strike by the

Yanks to keep the greatest closer in baseball history.
If he can turn that down, i'll be very disappointed

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he'd be the highest paid reliever/closer in the history of the game.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Keep spendin' money on the old guys, NYY. All of baseball is lovin' you for it.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    that would be one absurd signing
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Keep spendin' money on the old guys, NYY. All of baseball is lovin' you for it.

I'm sure them old guys love it too!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I'm a lot more worried about them resigning A-Rod. If they get him back in the fold the Yanks will remain a playoff team.
  • Options
    Mo is now hitable. He has lost some of his stuff.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Mo will accept. Sure, he is upset that Torre is gone, but he still has a majority of his teammates still on the team. Regardless of how the Yankees treated Torre, this offer to Mo is not an insult in any way. He got multi years at the highest paid closer per year rate. He may have lost some stuff, but he is still very effective in closing games--I would not count him out. He was well worth signing.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Keep spendin' money on the old guys, NYY. All of baseball is lovin' you for it. >>

Rivera is still very very good. What is no good are horses rear end comments like this one. One Yankee hating sap sitting at his computer thinking he is talking for all of baseball image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Rivera had a shakey start of 2007 but so was the entire team. Once May came, he once again proved that he is still one of the best in the game. There is no doubt in my mind that he could be a big part in bringing back another championship to NY.
  • Options
    perhaps they overspent on Mo and Jorge to send a dig at A-Rod?
    like, nanny nanny boo boo, look what you missed out on?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me crazy but I think if the Yankees dump a ton of money on Mo it would partly be a thank you gesture fo all that he has done for the Yankees over the years. I know its bussiness but some of these guys deserve it at the tail end of their careers. Mo is one of those guys...
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Rivera has been durable and it's only money. Seems like an easy choice for all parties. I'd guess he will be more effective over the length of his next contract than Posada.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    he now wants an extra year (4 years 60 mil) he about 37-38 year old isn't he?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the tactic of asking for a fourth year guaranteed is his way of saying he's done with NYY and wants to go elsewhere?
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>he now wants an extra year (4 years 60 mil) he about 37-38 year old isn't he? >>

That's ridiculous. He is being offered $5 mil per year too much as it is. He should take it and count his blessings. And build a better fence around his pool with the extra cash.