Home Sports Talk
Options

So will O.J. Mayo be this year's Kevin Durant of college hoops?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who will be the (ala Dickie V) "Diaper Dandy" this year. Last year it was initally Greg Oden of the Buckeyes and later Kevin Durant of the Longhorns.

I wonder how O.J. Mayo feels about going to USC where another USC sports star named O.J. is on TV charged with a felony again (maybe O.J. Mayo has never even heard of The Juice).

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    He will be fun to watch. The other night he went 12-27 for something like 27 points. Can't say he doesn't shoot enough.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that he also turned it over 8 times and they lost.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Love of UCLA will make waves
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    i think beasley from k state will have durant like numbers by the end of the year. unfortunately, he plays for k state...which doesnt get as much pub as texas.

who will get more hype? mayo, gordon, rose and love. if singer plays well, expect the duke hype machine to make him look the second coming of dunleavy (yikes!).

who will have the biggest impact on their teams (i.e. melo or oden like run in the tournament)? rose, gordon and love.

mayo is likely a one and done....but, he's a streaky shooter who doesnt handle the ball as well as either rose or gordon. i think it is hit or miss with usc this year. traditionally, extremely young teams dont make a strong run in the tournament. i think usc will make a 2006-07 texas like impact...get a 4-5 seed in the tournament and then lose in the 1st or 2nd round. good enough for mayo to be a lottery pick...so, he'll be out.
  • Options

ERIC GORDON.................

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    oj will be 1 and done. he'll be off to the NBA
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>oj will be 1 and done. he'll be off to the NBA >>

Yes most likely O.J. is gone after one year. If he stayed though USC could be one of the best teams in the nation next year. Three sophmores and two freshmen are the starting five now. Look out for Memphis being very competitive this year. My man Derrick Rose I think is the most talented freshman in the country.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭
    Kevin Love of UCLA is the real deal. I hope he hangs around a few years. We need more banners!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Kevin Love of UCLA is the real deal. I hope he hangs around a few years. We need more banners! >>

Yes Love is quite impressive. Unbelievable H.S. stats. 34 ppg,and 17 rpg. UCLA will be awesome this year, and again they are young too.Not a senior in the starting lineup.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I don't know, but he has a great name for 19th century card collectors. Two of the best sets of the century: Old Judge and Mayo cut plug. I wonder if his middle name is Goodwin.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...