Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Comments

• Options
    Was wondering the same thing. Don't know the seller but one would think that with a card like this it would be presented better.
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they
    wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're
    going to feel all day. "
    ~Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Without a doubt.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    There's just NO WAY thats a 10 Look at the centering. Yet it has bids on it? Do people actually look at the card or are they just mindless fools who bid on the PSA label?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's just NO WAY thats a 10 Look at the centering.

Guess you haven't seen the PSA 10 Killebrew. The Staubach looks like a high-end 10 next to that one. LOL.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Link Reese.

• Options
    This staubach was listed a while back and then removed for some reason (we could guess why)...
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this exact scan...very bad one also........was listed in an auction about 6 months ago. If I remember the seller had decent feedback.

The card in the auction IS OWNED BY A PSA SET MEMBER and not the seller. A fellow member asked for a scan of the reverse...and when he didn't get one turned seller into ebay after providing the necessary info. VOILA listing was gone.

Another example of how ebay refuses to change policies to protect buyers. If the penalty for fraud is hand slapping and remove one listing....then guess what....he's back!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully nobody gets scammed on this one.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Last time that came up, I checked the cert #, its legit, then I tried to add it to my set to see if it was in a set already.

Its a pop 2, DC owns one, so that doesnt leave that many loose out there. It was part of someones set, so when PSA sent me the obligatory email, I told them to please email the owner back that their card was for sale on ebay, an hour later it was gone.

Like jay z said, huge rip off, this is obviously a stolen scan of someone elses card.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    What Joe said.

Pop 2, Jon owns one and I'm certain the other one is in a 72 registry. Besides, anyone notice the frosted border on the top right side? A: I don't think it's a real flip. B: No way he paid $2900 for that card. 9
    s sell for $2300, the last 10 went over $22k.

ebay should pull it soon. (I hope)
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this guy tried to build his rep and feedback by selling a bunch of $10 or less items. He does have pretty impressive feedback...for a scammer. I too remember seeing this scam attempt from this 'seller' a couple months back. I reported him then, and I did the same now.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Just checked my records, and this is not the Staubach 10 I helped Jon acquire about a year ago, that one had an 815 cert #...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options

<< <i>THE SCAN DOES IT NO JUSTICE DUE TO WHITE BORDER AND SCANNER >>

I always love how sellers have these high end cards worth thousands of $$$$$$ in their collections but cant seem to afford a $100 scanner.image
  • Options
    the holder looks cracked on the right side. The side certainly is not straight so there is something up for sure. But, as usual, there is no shortage of bidders playing the lottery.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    can't scan back because scanner is broken. it must have worked earlier when scanning the front.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I'm BACK!

I see my card is for sale on ebay for some reason. Crazy how these things happen.

I sent this to him through Ebay

Hello,

Your auction pointed out to me by a friend of mine. I own the certification # of the Roger Staubach card you are attempting to sell.

I have contacted Ebay to have them suspend your account. I have also contacted the FBI if this auction completes. Think about the Federal Charges on a transaction greater than $10,000 across state lines? 25+ years in prision and a minimum of a $250,000 fine. You decide.

End it now.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Saw this one in my VCP. The scan is nasty. WATCH OUT
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm BACK!

I see my card is for sale on ebay for some reason. Crazy how these things happen.

I sent this to him through Ebay

Hello,

Your auction pointed out to me by a friend of mine. I own the certification # of the Roger Staubach card you are attempting to sell.

I have contacted Ebay to have them suspend your account. I have also contacted the FBI if this auction completes. Think about the Federal Charges on a transaction greater than $10,000 across state lines? 25+ years in prision and a minimum of a $250,000 fine. You decide.

End it now. >>

So what's the scoop with that scan? Is that your scan or just your cert # that they printed up or....?
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I think EightiesJunkPile is the guy who bid up Gary's case of opened packs. I would not believe he actually owns the card, he has to be playing with the seller.
  • Options
    Auction has been canceled