Home Sports Talk
Options

Young vs Grossman

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong, I have MUCH love for VY. He's my boy and will forever have a piece of my heart.

Having said that, how come Rex Grossman got so much grief by the media for sucking but VY gets nothing but praises?

The coaches say wins are all that matters, which I agree with. However, the media's portrayal is like night and day. Vince has better legs but Rex had a superior arm in comparision.

Just curious to hear thoughts...
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, at first I thought you meant STEVE Young, then I was going to suggest you were on crack.

Rex just sucks, Vince is much more verstile despite the poor QB rating, hence the wins.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with connecticut. Bears win in spite of Grossman. Titans have often won because of Young, despite his unimpressive stats.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually strikes me as a valid question. Both are better at winning than compiling stats, and both show flashes of dominance (i.e. Rex was once NFL player of the month last year) while showing flashes of mediocrity. Neither has much of a receiving corps either.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta give credit though when credit is due: that was a clutch TD bomb Grossman thre to Berrian late in the 4th to rally the Bears today...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.