Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1934 Goudey #79 Eddie Durham PSA 6 but looks 7! Scans inside, please look

Hi, I had this card for about 5 years now but I don't do Baseball any more so I am letting this go. I am going to list it up for sale but wanted to try here first, I will listen to offers or trade for high end Basketball HOF Autographs. I only sent this card in to PSA because I was almost positive that it would have come back a PSA 7, I have seen 2 7's that were in worst condition that brought in $500 to $700+ but it did come back a PSA 6 so I will sell or trade as such. Please examine the scans for yourself, it is truely beautiful!

I recently(about two eeks ago) sent it to PSA because I was 100% positive that it would come back a 7 and who knows, maybe if sent back it would, of course I am not promessing that it would come back a 7 if sent back so don't quote me on it. I am selling or trading based on a PSA 6 and not a 7 which I think it should have been but oh well.

I haven't seen to many 1934 Goudey's with great looking backs like this one, usual the fronts look ok but then the backs are badley damaged.

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice card , however with that said I think the reason it got a 6 was the corners all look soft with the top right appearing dinged. Centering is nice and it is a nice Ex/Mnt card IMO. Even so I am judging it from scans while you had the card in hand.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice card , however with that said I think the reason it got a 6 was the corners all look soft with the top right appearing dinged. Centering is nice and it is a nice Ex/Mnt card IMO. Even so I am judging it from scans while you had the card in hand.

Steve >>

Yeah Steve, I know this definetly looks better in person! I don't know much about grading but at some point I thought it was an 8 HAHAHAHA but I thought a 7 was more realistic but it got a 6, what can I do. The 2- 7's I did see were in worst condition in my opinion and the corners also looked the same on those, not saying your wrong of course, the grader made that determination. Of course the graders don't have all cards in front of them at the same time to compare and its not the same graders everytime grading them so the standards I think would change with each person exspecialy if that particular grader hasen't graded lots of 34 Goudeys. Do you know anybody who would need this card for their set registries or even off registry collection?

Thanks,

John
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    John

many times a true Ex/mnt card can look better then a Nmnt one. no I do not of anyone who needs this card. Did you try the vintage buy sell trade board?

good luck

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>John

many times a true Ex/mnt card can look better then a Nmnt one. no I do not of anyone who needs this card. Did you try the vintage buy sell trade board?

good luck

Steve >>

Hey Steve, I guess i'll try that board, I thought this would have been the wrong board lol. Ok, thanks again.

John