Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

anyone know this seller

jojosportsheaven

I think one of his auctions came up last week - a '71 Topps Munson that looked almost flawless. He sells raw cards in seemingly NM or higher condition. But his cards are not common cards. They are all star cards and a lot of star rookie cards that on the surface look extremely good.

I know it is too good to be true but I would be interested to know if anyone here knows the seller or bought anything from him.

link
Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set

Comments

• Options
    Never bought anything from them, but have sold to them before. Don't remember what though.
  • Options
    Funny this pops up because less than half an hour ago I was looking at jojo's '84 USFL steve young xrc and was comparing it to other PSA graded ones and it looks like it might be trimmed, then I look at the other cards he has listed and they all look trimmed to me. The Staubach needs more border than it has, how many staubach rookie cards have we all seen very off center, the card jojo is selling could never be off center because there isn't enough border for it to ever be off center. I say stay away but that's just one mans opinion.
  • Options
    Man I hate saying possible bad things about sellers so I don't know jojo and they could all be fine, I don't mean to state any facts about his cards just my opinion. Someone else may think I'm crazy and that they all look great. To me they just seem a little small. I sell on ebay so this is a karma thing, I hope whoever buys the staubach rookie I just ripped apart gets it graded GEM MINT 10! I'm sure jojo is a super person. I say good day!
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I don't know him either, but the raw 64 pete rose he's selling has a lot less border than the bvg 64 pete rose he bought recently. Probably a coincidence.
  • Options
    I was looking at his 71's and I believe they are trimmed. Look at the bottom border on the back of the Clemente. It looks slanted. I looked at a few more of his cards and the 69 Jackson has very small borders. Plus his auctions are all private. A big red flag.
    Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Never dealt with but looking at ......

Selling This

Bought This

Same card (look at the print dots on his card.....same spots as the original)

Here are recent purchases of his Text
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    The 71 munson sure looks trimmed to me. What legit seller puts a deep black card against a deep black background for the scan????
    Munson left side is missing half the border. I felt some of his cards might be ok....but also noticed the staubach like another board member.
    The munson IF it is not trimmed is easily a $600+ card in an psa 8.....who these days does not know about grading?????
    His feedback looks fine but he hides bidder id's.

My money will be spent elsewhere. The old saying...if it seems to good to be true.......it probably is.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    20% restocking fee!!!!!!!!!
    Nuff said
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    The Munson is definately 100% trimmed. May be recolored too.

Same goes for that Mantle. Nobody can tell me that BVG card wasnt cracked out and given a shave.

Come to think of it, I looked at around 7 or 8 more cards and they all look sketchy.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    Heed the words of Paul and John

Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner
    But he knew it wouldn't last.
    Jojo left his home in tucson, arizona
    For some california grass.
    Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged
    Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged.
    Get back jojo. go home
    Get back, get back.
    Back to where you once belonged
    Get back, get back.
    Back to where you once belonged.
    Get back jo.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ungraded cards are not guaranteed to grade by third party grading companies due to alterations of any kind.

I guess that is his way of saying "i trim the cards "

Stay away from this guy.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    "Due to the volitale market value of sports cards there is a 20% restocking fee on all returns."

I like this line the best.....are these players going to hurt themselves this weekend (causing the price of their cards to drop)?
  • Options
    what's interesting is that he seems to have a limitless supply of the same cards which he auctions every couple of weeks. So, either they are counterfeit or he somehow manages to find them in GEM or PRO holders, cracks and auctions them raw. Assuming they are trimmed or altered in some way, which we would all agree is a 99% probability, how does he manage a 99.8% rating?
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Pretty good detective work guys. I have no idea if this seller is shady, but shortness abounds.

Also annoyed by the strobing lights to the left and right on their listings. Private bidder id's= not good. 20% restocking fee is a joke too.

Why is it that crooked or shady sellers often purchase cards they hack, chop, recolor, using the same bidding and selling id? I just don't understand criminal behavior. Maybe they really want to get caught and get some type of help for their deep rooted issues.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Would recommend you stay away. This thread is from a friend who purchased a trimmed West rookie.

Link
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

added this schmuck to my blocked buyers just in case i sell any low grade PSA stuff.