Home Sports Talk
Options

For Kansas Jayhawk fans.........................

DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
Remember, they're not just a football school. First basketball game is tonight, its on channel 33, the CW. image
Then tomorrow, ABC primetime football, KU at Oklahoma State.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks as if the Kansas-Missouri game will be the biggest in this bitter rivalry since 1968. Should be a terrific game and worthy of a national audience.

Stand up and Cheer if your a Jayhawk, but I am pulling for Mizzou

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a mizzou student with season tickets for all sports, and we didn't get KU/MU football tickets because they were an extra $30. Doh! That's $300 or $400 right there. ugh.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Remember, they're not just a football school. >>

Good one! image
  • Options
    KU should be #1 but will likely be #3.

However, if they runn the table (beating Ia State, Mizzou, and the Big 12 title game) they will no doubt get into the BCS chamionship game against LSU.

Sorry, Ducks!
  • Options
    If, by some miracle KU actually beats Mizzou (I expect a 14 to 21 point Tigers win), they will get dumped on by Oklahoma. Kansas is probably the 20th best team in the country.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>I expect a 14 to 21 point Tigers win >>

imageimageimage
  • Options
    If, by some miracle KU actually beats Mizzou (I expect a 14 to 21 point Tigers win), they will get dumped on by Oklahoma. Kansas is probably the 20th best team in the country.

Just be happy you have home field advantage. For some reason the game was moved to Arrowhead in Missouri. That means KU has to play five away games and only three home games.

Anyway, first things first. I don't think KU is going to overlook Iowa State. Who does Missouri play next weekend?
  • Options
    Mizzou plays at Kansas State next week. You could make the case that the site still favors Kansas (Arrowhead is much closer to lawrence than Columbia), but I'd say it will be about 50/50 fan wise. Mizzou does not have 'home field advantage' in Kansas City, that's for sure.

Just hope they don't pull an Ohio State, looking ahead. I imagine Kansas will beat Iowa State, though they played us closer than I expected here in Como.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If, by some miracle KU actually beats Mizzou (I expect a 14 to 21 point Tigers win), they will get dumped on by Oklahoma. Kansas is probably the 20th best team in the country.

Just be happy you have home field advantage. For some reason the game was moved to Arrowhead in Missouri. That means KU has to play five away games and only three home games.

Anyway, first things first. I don't think KU is going to overlook Iowa State. Who does Missouri play next weekend? >>

Home field what???

Lawrence is 45 minutes away. Columbina is 2 hours away. KC definitely has a larger KU fanbase than MU. Need proof? Just watch the streets flood with tears when KU loses in the first round in March again.

I'm starting to be swayed that KU has a good FB team. It took some time getting over the first part of their schedule, but they have handled their opponents pretty easily. If KU wins out, I think they are more than worthy of taking on LSU. But I think MU will win as well.
    Travis
  • Options
    Yeah, I know I shouldn't have said home field advantage.image But the fact still remains that KU has to play 5 away games and only 3 home games in their Big Twelve schedule.

I think it will be interesting to see how K-state comes back after losing to Iowa State and then getting pounded by Nebraska. Will they roll over for Missouri or play them tough? My feeling is Missouri probably won't have much trouble beating them but remember K-state did beat Texas earlier in the year.
  • Options
    Rock Chalk, Jayhawk
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>KU should be #1 but will likely be #3.

However, if they runn the table (beating Ia State, Mizzou, and the Big 12 title game) they will no doubt get into the BCS chamionship game against LSU.

Sorry, Ducks! >>

it is more likely their 450 lb coach dies on the sideline from morbid obesity than them running the table. OK State is the best team they have played so far this season. Only team with a weaker schedule in the Top 25 is Hawaii.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    Is it supposed to be a KU home game? I bet the AD who scheduled the move to Arrowhead could kick himself over that decision. A true home field advantage this year for that game would be a big as Mangino.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    OUR COACH IS PHAT!

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Mark's a great coach! KU is having a hell of a year.................period
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    Is it supposed to be a KU home game? I bet the AD who scheduled the move to Arrowhead could kick himself over that decision. A true home field advantage this year for that game would be a big as Mangino

Yes, it was originally supposed to be played in Lawrence, Kansas. But I'm really not sure if the schools have to approve the move to Arrowhead Stadium or if the Big Twelve just tells them the game is moving there. Obviously moved because of more money to be made in the larger stadium.
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just hope they don't pull an Ohio State, looking ahead. >>

How do you know OSU was looking ahead? Maybe they were fully prepared and got outplayed that day.
  • Options

<< <i>If, by some miracle KU actually beats Mizzou (I expect a 14 to 21 point Tigers win), they will get dumped on by Oklahoma. Kansas is probably the 20th best team in the country. >>

I live in Columbia, too!
  • Options

<< <i>Mark's a great coach! KU is having a hell of a year.................period >>

mark is a large presence.
  • Options
    He is a strong candidate for coach of the year...

• Options
    Well, I was pretty close, it would have been a 14 to 21 point mizzou win without a couple late garbage time touchdowns from Kansas.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I would not call those garbage touchdowns... Kansas has a good team but one can not win the big game with the type of mistakes they made. Remember the Mizzou- Illinois game... Mizzou's goaline interception late in the game prevented them from blowing a 37-13 lead. Give the Jayhawks credit for never calling it quits.

depending who wins Mizzou-Oklahoma, it still seems as if Ohio Sate is not out of the picture. But what happens to an 11-1 Kansas team? The Rosebowl against Southern Cal?

• Options
    Hey Ahman, so the fourth quarter is garbage time? Everyone is supposed to quit after three against Mizzou? I don't really understand your comment.

Good game, I give Mizzou credit for playing mistake free football.

And the future looks bright for KU football, who thought a couple months ago they would even be playing in such an important game. Congrats KU, for giving the fans a great season.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Not quite mistake free football on Mizzou's side. Seems like they had a ton of penalties, although it seemed to me that KU was being favored a bit by the refs. Plenty of calls & no calls in their favor. All in all though, a great game. Chase Daniel looked incredible. A good charge by KU at the end, and MU really brought it on the last play for the safety. I don't think anyone saw that coming.
    Travis