Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone else having problems w psa pack grading

I need to vent and just wondering if anyone else has had problems w psa's pack grading?

I swear this is my 8th pack sub and everytime something has gone wrong.

This time my 88 fleer basketball packs w jordan on the back came back labeled 1986. No big deal just a mechanical error right.
Too bad when I pull it out of the box from psa my nice psa 9 pack has the gum sticking through the side of the wrapper in the holder. So much for a psa 9 pack huh. Wonder when i send these back as mechanical errors if they will still label it a 9.

My rant is also other packs i've sent in have come back with corner wear or small tears that were not there when I submitted them. Now I've made all my submissions in person or at shows so i know what condition they were in when psa took them. I'm beginning to think psa handling procedure on packs needs some serious help.

Anybody esle had problems or am I just having bad luck?

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I think you better send them to GAIimage

seriously , I have not had these problems with the ones that I have send in, at least 1/2 the packs that went to GAI back in the day came back with the hardships that you are discussing
  • Options
    Well i guess I cant complain too much. Feel bad for all those who have packs sitting at gai and cant find out whats going on.
  • Options
    Don't know about packs, but the last two cards I've sent in have come back with corner dings that absolutely weren't there when I sent them. I'm peeved about it.
    I hope Joe finds out who Mr. Clumsy is and gets rid of him.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    loose gum is a double edged sword. If the gum is moving in the pack it assures that it is not stuck to the cards and has not somehow melted into at least 2 or 3 of the cards, thus allowing for the chance at more high end cards. Also makes for a more presentable pack.

But, if it is moving and with all the moving around in its new slab, the offshoot is often that the gum will slide to 1 side or the other once entoombed and pierce the side or top of the pack. The hope was that with PSA's new slab this would not happen. But I am not sure what you can do to avoid the problem.

If you send it back to get the label corrected will it come back a 9 still--my guess is no...how can they? Live with the label error.