Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

E-Bay Hidden Bidder Crappola !!!!!!!

Good Day,
Question, if anybody knows the answer. As you can guess my opinion of E-bays BS they started awhile ago of hiding the Bidders identity over $200. My question is: is the info that you can see such as D***y (344) real or is that all made up. In other words for my own reasons I like and sometimes need to know who I lost to or won an auction from. The actual e-bayers who frequent my normal E-bay world of Non Sports with the means to bid over $100 on an item is fairly small, probably a few hundred at most. And lets make sure there is no confusion as to why E-Bay did this, It is not to protect us from fraud or whatever they are claiming this week. It is plain and simple to make it harder to deals outside of E-bay and they don't get their cut...period !!!!
So can I use this partial info to figure out who I won an auction over?
And secondly, if E-bay really wants to protect us E-bayers, then they shouldn't show my identity to anybody as the winner and we can all just go Bidder #1 bid agaist Bidder #267, and take all the personality out of the equation !!!!!!

Neil..... Errr... I mean Bidder #578.
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    At first I thought it was real. but just last week I was watching an auction where one of my main competitors for this card was the high bidder. As soon as it went over $200, the identities were hidden and the first and last letter of his ID did not correspond to any of the ID's any longer and he had not retracted his bid. So I have come to the conclusion that they are made up. I do not even know if the letter count is correct.
  • Options
    They are all random. I looked at at auction where I was the high bidder and it was something random. I did this from another computer so it wouldn't recognize me and display my username.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh, ebay now even makes it easier to shill bid, of course it helps their bottom line....Go Feebay...Go Feebay...Its your birthday
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first and last digits in the hidden bidder name do not match the actual bidders user name.
    James
  • Options
    interesting, i didnt realize they totally obscured the bidders, i thought the first and last letters were the actual name.