Home Stamps Forum
Options

Anybody See The Just Concluded Spinks/Shreeves Results?

So, some people not involved with stamps think
the hobby is dead.

Doesn't Appear So

Jerry

Comments

• Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

> some people not involved with stamps think the hobby is dead

LOL. Their Bicentennial sheets didn't double in value. How could the hobby not be dead? image

• Options
    LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    One part that seems slow is errors.

Lou
    lchobbyco
    ANA Life-Member
  • Options
    Lou, I haven't looked at the Errors yet. Seems like for awhile any
    modern error put up was bringing fairly good money.

Jerry
  • Options
    I won one lot, I screwed up my dates and missed several lots I wanted to bid on. Well I did win a used pair of #533 with a PF cert, after bidding in the last half of the auction. One of the stamps should attain at least a 98 if submitted for a grade(which I plan to do, anybody want a VG-fine example of a genuine used 533 for cheap?) : ) Does anybody besides Nick Kirke realize the impact of a 20% buyers premium!?(Actually the monetary significance wouldn't affect him much though, I think) I payed $70 extra just to BUY the item! Auction houses are getting greedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Momenstamps , known on ebay and to others as a grded dealer had won, in the same auction, a used #300 98J for around $800(+20% fee to be fair) and has posted it for sale at $2,749!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Little bit of a profit there huh?
  • Options
    Well I was asleep yesterday when FedEx tried to deliver my #533 pair. The guy who left the attempted delivery notice didn't even note on it when the next attempt would be. I can always drive 53 miles to pick it up though. This really blows, I like being able to go to my local P.O. to pick items I miss, but that's only with the US mail.