Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I need to get some cards graded..How do I

I have about 35 raw 1964 topps stand ups and about 3 other cards to be graded.....I am not a member of psa and really dont want to join because I dont get cards graded, but in this case I want a completely graded set of the 64 stand ups and the other 3 cards I want to sell on ebay.

What is the cheapest way to get the cards graded ?

Are there specials coming up?

Is it cheaper to drop them off at a local show?

I am hoping for all 7s on the stand ups-should I submit them all at once? or does it hurt my chances when they compare so many of the same type cards.

So 40 cards will cost about how much? about 5 dollars a card-200.00 dollars
Thanks for any help Scott

Comments

• Options
    If you dont want to join PSA, then take them to an authorized PSA dealer, they can submit them for you.

And you can do a "vintage bulk" submission @ $6.00 each. 40 X $6.00 = $240.00. I dont know if the dealer has a fee of their own though, so consider that as well.

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

You forgot to add shipping both ways to that total as well.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    for that many just go ahead and join at the 179.00 level. You get SMR magazine, access to the pop reports online, and SMR pricing online.

not to mention 10 or 12 freebies
  • Options
    Yeah, what he said....

And what he said too!

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    if you join you get free gradings. 6 for a 1 year membership and 12 for a 2 year membership.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help and input-I might be missing something with this membership-

If I join at 179.00 I get 12 free-I still need to pay for 28 cards at 6.00 a piece-now my total is 179.00 plus 168.00=347.00
    I think I am better not joining at 40 cards at 6.00 a piece=240

What would I really be getting for the extra 100 bucks??????????-I dont need the SMR magazine
  • Options
    Yeah, but if you don't join, the only way you can submit cards is through an authorized dealer... who will tack on a fee... or by making a deal with another member to piggyback a sub (which lots of people do).
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Scott-
    I hate to say this but your options are very little if you want these graded. The cost to send those in for a member is going to run you more than $6 a card. If you drop them off at a show they will run you much more and if a dealer places them through, they get a bulk rate of $12 a card for a week turnaround (minimum of $2500 spent). Your best bet would be to wait until they have a special and then join. You can join for $99 and keep the free grades for when you have some big cards to be graded.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for giving me my options and some good advise. Scott