Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

"You won on ebay!"

Last week or so, they began sending that email notification header when I won an auction. But, there's no mention in the header of the auction item, as they used to include. Anyone else notice this? Is there some new ebay form I need to update to receive "old way" notifications?

It's terribly hard to follow your auction winnings when every single item says "You won on ebay!"

Thanks!

Nick

Comments

• Options
    All I can say is: "BEWARE OF EBAY SCAMS". I seem to receive at least one per day. They are looking to steal your eBay identity. Don't be duped!!!
  • Options
    Doing the same to me periodically. Some days I get the info, other "you won on ebay".

It is horrible trying to track auction winnings versus receipts!
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting, 'You've won on eBay' also. The e-mail just looks suspicious on the outside. Every time eBay makes a change, it seems to be for the worse.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    they chanded the sold header too,they are always screwing with something, if it aint broke,dont fix it!!!!!
  • Options
    blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    I've been getting them too, and they stink since there is no mention of the seller's name or address like before. They seem to be legitimate. They just don't provide any info. Got one last night, and made a pp payment this morning. However, the pp notice of payment document never provides the name or address, just the seller's pp address (usually his e0mail address). I like to know the name of someone I'm buying from. The only way you seem to get this info. these days on ebay is if the seller sends you an invoice or, before paying (even if you know how much to pay) request the total from seller thru ebay and that will get you a name and address. I groan every time ebay changes it's forms. They must figure you have to do this from thime to time. How do you like their new sign in page!
  • Options
    While we are on the subject, beware of the following: I am starting to get a lot of questions about items that have the appearance of going through the ebay system, but are not. Stick to rule #1. When in doubt, check your ebay, if the messege is not there, then delete the email.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it stinks, lab.

I emailed them a request to please go back to their old notification system (for reasons we've all shared here). I was shocked at their reply that I received this morning:

"Dear Nick,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the new notification.

eBay welcomes comments from members of our Community, and we appreciate
    your suggestions. This type of communication helps us improve our
    services and meet your needs.

However, our company policy doesn't allow us to accept suggestions
    unless we specifically request them. We hope that you understand that
    this policy can avoid future misunderstandings if new products,
    services, and features developed internally by eBay employees seem
    similar or even identical to a member's idea."

Can you believe that Ivory Tower arrogance?
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I never even look at those e-mails. I simply go to "my ebay" and check out from there.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>Yes, it stinks, lab.

I emailed them a request to please go back to their old notification system (for reasons we've all shared here). I was shocked at their reply that I received this morning:

"Dear Nick,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the new notification.

eBay welcomes comments from members of our Community, and we appreciate
    your suggestions. This type of communication helps us improve our
    services and meet your needs.

However, our company policy doesn't allow us to accept suggestions
    unless we specifically request them. We hope that you understand that
    this policy can avoid future misunderstandings if new products,
    services, and features developed internally by eBay employees seem
    similar or even identical to a member's idea."

Can you believe that Ivory Tower arrogance? >>

We don't accept suggestions?? You've got to be kidding....
  • Options
    e bay is short lived due to these types of scandals . . .
  • Options
    I've been getting alot of these Ebay emails as well. I just deleted them.

1952 Topps Collector.