Options

Thanksgiving Coin Swap PAIRINGS set. Happy Thanksgiving to all

See post Page 2.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

It is done!

Comments

• Options
    Back in form and ready to swap!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Well, we have enough for a foursome. When is Tee-time?

Where you guys wanna get together to slap the rock around?

I've got a course right out the back gate? Who's Game?
  • Options
    I'll go again. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll go another

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
  • Options
    Starting next week, I'll be out of town til the bird weekend, then we are goin to see my gran kid.

I have to sit this one out.

but it is almost time for the Boom Xmas Charity to fire up again- I believe......
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Robkool, you have something you wanted to say?

Spit it out.
  • Options
    HI Boom
    Count me in, thanks for letting me in.
    john
    References

Loe-steelielee-bought 690. sale
    nate-grandrapidian-bought 70. sale
    Paul-commoncents-3500+ sales
    Ken-jfoot-sold-125.00 sale
    Mike-mozeppa-bought 1080. sale
    Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
  • Options
    ZugZug Posts: 215 ✭✭
    A little slow to sign up, but count me in again.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
  • Options
    With Thanksgiving Day falling right on the 22nd, in order to have this a done deal we're gpoing to have to draw

names no later than Tuesday/ Wednesday of this week - depending on how long it takes to put stuff in a box

and get it to the Post Office.

Look for cutoff SOON!

If you want in, sign up ASAP.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    OK, in again. image
  • Options
    I might be in. I am new to these "swaps". Could you guys give me a little info on how they work? How expensive are we talking?
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Boom I can try again, maybe someone here likes moderns. Let me know.
    Tex
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    I will have a look at what we have thus far when I wake later today and will reach a decision by as early as possible after Lunch CDT as to whether to cancel the Thanksgiving Swap altogether and just continue this sign up for the biggest swap of the year, The Christmas Swap.

At this point I am leaning toward cancelling the Thanksgiving Swap altogether and having one final swap for the year, for Christmas.

Everyone here knows how this is run and when I ask for required information via PM and am ignored, I have no alternative but to deny ADMISSION. That's just the way it is.

I'll let everyone know later on Today.

Good Night.

Oh and Joe, here's some advice for you as well as your question answered. Please note the time this PM was left for you.

First thing you NEED to do, if you want to take part, is correspond with the person hosting the swap ASAP by answering request like this, to which I STILL have heard NOTHING!

Date Posted: Nov/12/2007 5:20 AM
    Joe,
    Regarding your question about the coin swap, read past opening posts by me on recent complete swaps. Then, furnish me with the same info everyone else has. At that point convey to me your interests and comfort levels. I'll need the following and a brief idea about you and your interests so I can verify you and match you with someone of similar means.

Real Name,
    Home address
    email address
    Home phone, cell # work # etc

All this is outlined in recent, past swaps.

I need to know as much about you as possible. Everyone has his/ her own sheet, kept by me and known to me. alone, as swap co-ordinator, in the event of any situations.

Regards,

Boom

• Options
    If you want in just get your info to Boom, and your in(It is up to Boom of course). It is not that difficult at all. You do not have to do that everytime, just one time and that will get you into all of Booms swaps.

Come on people sign up now!!

Boom,

It looks like we have 9 approved. My input is to have the Thanksgiving Day Swap with those 9 approved swappers and let the others in on the Christmas swap, if and only if they get their info to you in a timely manner. JMHO. It is up to you. I am good either way.

Bstat
  • Options
    I still need a response from 30AnvZ28 regarding LAST SWAP with lonelyp.

William. your last post to this thread was on Halloween in which you mentioned goofing up by mailing Paul's package to yourself!

This is supposed to be finished business. It was a HALOWEEN SWAP! How can we proceed when there is still ufinished business?

Paul sent to you. You received and never posted an update.

PLEASE DO.

Thank you. I would appreciate it!
    ************************************************************************************

Please do not permit this to drag on unattended.

Just take care of business by getting another package together and sending it to Paul, NOW!

You were last logged on on the 12th of November William.

Remember who your friends are, step up and take care of this.

Thank you.

ANYBODY ELSE?

IS THERE ANY OTHER UNFINISHED BUSINESS BETWEEN PARTNERS THAT I NEED TO BE MADE AWARE OF?

IF SO PLEASE STEP FORWARD. I DO NOT READ MINDS!
  • Options
    It's not quite that simple bstat1020. Remember how I asked everyone for verifiable contact info? There are many reasons why but as in the case of someone I have stood good for, there seems to be an issue and it is precisely this sort of thing that is proving to be a detriment to these swaps.

I believe in people. Things happen as do mistakes but I should NOT have to shepherd a bunch of grown adults. In the case I am referring to, this should have long since been attende to by the Sender.

I have a member that has sent in Good Faith and has abided by ALL the guidelines (I HATE the word, "Rules.") and he is a NEWBIE while conversely I have someone that I trust on a personal level that has NOT updated the situation thereby leaving his partner out on the Cold.

A little Common Courtsy would sure go a long way in this situation ... and THIS is but ONE Instance that I am made to deal with that is totally uncalled for and is keeping ME from other tasks.

What is soooo hard about a Coin Swap? There are a few others here (look around) that have also had total disregard for very simple guidelines!

Bull image
  • Options
    Boom,

Let me know if I can assist/help you in any way with these swaps.

People just need to step up to the plate and make it right! There is nothing hard about a coin swap! I figured this swap was finished 3 weeks ago. Come on people!!!image
  • Options
    I will be gone "Bambi blasting" fri-sun this weekend
    and thanksgiving-sun the next

Wisconsin gun deer-"Kill Em All"

Lets get this on

or wait till Christmas,either way is fine with me

Jim

• Options
    OK, In a few hours I'll be back on at which time I will ask lonelyp whether or not he has received his package.

Since 30AnvZ28 didn't post any ammended info to his 10/31 post in which he states he had inadvertantly mailed

Paul's package to himself, I will ask Paul how much he is "out" monetarily and if need be, I will make him (Paul) whole myself at which point 30AnvZ28 will then be accountable to ME.

Paul conducted himself as a man of his word and should NOT be left hanging or holding the bag.

As co-ordinator it stands to reason that I should be the one to make things right and to deal accordingly with 30AnvZ28, whom I have personally have given good references to others about, before. He has never let me down and I feel confident he won't.

The problem I have with all this is the lack of common courtesy. More than enough time has lapsed in which William could & should have voided a label/ printed another, put whatever coins he had in a box and post the new numbers to this thread. This dragging on like this is holding up the group. He has been logged on as late as 12 days AFTER admitting his error which is MORE than enough time to either complete his end of the swap OR to send Paul's merchandise BACK.

As such, in a few hours I will decide whether to cancel the Thanksgiving Swap or to go forward with it.

I will adress this issue and the group before this day is done.

Till then, please stand by and thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Have a nice Morning.

Boom
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Boom,

I can't participate in the Thanksgiving swap due to work demands. If you are out anything on the swap possibly gone bad, I will pitch in, though he has swapped before with no issues - at least that I can recall. Will be in on Christmas.

Regards,

John
  • Options
    Thanks John. Still waiting!

I can't even believe this.image
  • Options
    This stinks.....has anyone tried to contact him via email, ph?? We can't have this type of situation where we have put a lot of faith and effort into these swaps and I can understand hardship and problems, but PLEASE ppl......take 5 min and either contact someone from the board or have a person help... There are so many of us who have each other's contact info and this is why this is done.

I hope that this can be resolved amicably (sp?) If not, I will help pitch in to make things right.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    OK everyone. Remember, I have everyones' contact info. I am going to state that I have spoken with William.

He has stated that he is NOT Home nor is he near a computer.

He has also stated that he will come to the boards over the weekend and post the numbers for his swap.

As in the case of Doc Mortar, we ALL must cope with this thing called Life along with all the little bumps and curves that come with Reality. He apologizes but states he has not had the time to post. He's been on the GO and I believe him

I understand that he and Paul have had dialogue. That's good however, I believe we can now see and understand the importance of posting Delivery Confirmation numbers TO THE SWAP THREAD.

I have NO REASON to doubt William ( nor anyone else here) until given "due cause".

He has given me his Word and I believe him, just as I would if any one of you were involved.

Meanwhile, I accept responsibility for the delay and ask that we keep this swap as simple as possible and once I set the pairings, try to make things move as expeditiously as possible by shipping as early as you can.

PLEASE DO NOT PLACE UNDUE STRESS OR UNREALISTIC WISHES OR DEMANDS ON ONE ANOTHER. GO WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AS THE CHRISTMAS SWAP IS GOING TO START RIGHT BEHIND THIS ONE.

I want to go on record as saying that Joe is Welcome to take part in this swap if he wants to. I seem to recall having worked with him before. If you, Joe, have already given the information to me, it must be in The War Room however I DO NOT have it on file or on the clipboard.

If you wish to take part, Joe, simply PM the required contact info to me. I believe you can now see just how important it is that I have everyones' info. I may have simply misplaced it ... after all. I am NOT Perfect. image

EVERYONE, PLEASE LOOK THIS LIST OVER. (SURELY I WILL NEED TO CHECK & EDIT IT A TIME OR 2). IF YOU KNOW you have NOT furnished the required info, PLEASE SEND TO ME ASAP. IF THERE BE ANY DOUNT, PLEASE RE-SEND.

THE FOLLOWING ARE DEFINITELY VERIFIED AND ARE GOOD TO GO. TAKE CARE OF THIS IMMEDIATELY AS I NEED TO MAKE THE PAIRING NOW.

BOOM - IN - VERIFIED

EYOUNG429 - IN - VERIFIED

BSTAT1020 - IN - VERIFIED

TORINOCOBRA71 - IN - VERIFIED

LONELYP - IN - VERIFIED

MUSKY1011 - IN - VERIFIED

JND1955 - IN - VERIFIED (Please get back with me so we can double check as I DO NOT think you have MY info)

ZUG - IN - VERIFIED

AIJA - IN - VERIFIED

TEXAST - IN - VERIFIED (Please get back with me so we can double check as I DO NOT think you have MY info)

**JOE ( I have the hardest time remembering your ID because it is so unique) If you want IN, just contact me.**
    jmj3esq - if you would like to swap, being we would be odd numbered, I would be happy to do so with you at whatever your comfort level may be - PM SENT!

******************************************************************************************

Here are the Thanksgiving Swap Pairings. Rememer, Keep it simple and move as quickly but thoroughly as possible.

People, listen up! If you DO NOT HAVE what your partner collects, do the best with what you DO have.

Recipients ... For the sake of time, if your partner does not have what you usually collect, try being FLEXIBLE! Accept what he DOES have and set it aside for future swaps aa perhaps a Future partner may collect it or want it.

Boom swaps with eyoung 429 because we did not complete swap before last. I have what he wants and I am certain whatever he sends will be good enough for me.

Bstat1020 swaps with jnd1955 and vice versa

TC71 swaps with with Zug and vice versa

Aija swaps with Musky1011 and vice versa

LonelyP swaps with TexasT and vice versa

This ought to do it. For what it's worth, I think these are workable pairings but WILL double check my board.
    Let's work with one another to facilitate matters as expeditiously as possible. Try as best you can to keep things simple.

With such as small group, inevitably we are going to swap with the same partners several times over. This really should not be a detriment as then every one of us will grow that much more familiar with each other.

If there is a reason this is running late, let it be cast squarely on my shoulders. I accept the Blame.

Have fun and do the best you can to work with one another by keeping it simple, OK?

Any problems .... see ME! image
  • Options
    PM Sent to lonelyp
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent to ZUG!

TorinoCobra71
  • Options
    PM sent to bstat1020

john
    References

Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
  • Options
    Reply sent to Texast.

I'm happy to read that Willian is OK, and has just not been home or with computer. image

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    Earl (eyoung429) & I have communicated.

I want to see some posting folks. By now we ought to have this thing down pat.

Sorry for misspelled words etc but it's not too bad for 1 eye open and being half asleep. imageimage
  • Options
    Reply sent to TC71
  • Options
  • Options
    PM sent yesterday to Musky
  • Options
    recive brian's addi and package will go out monday mail
    confrmation # 03050830000138380215
    john
    References

Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
  • Options

<< <i>PM sent yesterday to Musky >>

P.M. today

"DOE"

• Options
    Deal made with lonelyp - goes in the morning mail, will post Shipping numbers then.
  • Options
    AAAAAAah,

He beat me to the post.image
    Paul

Added:

Package boxed up and ready to go. image

• Options
    Boom's is off to the PO.

0503 8555 7491 1602 4856 sh#

insured and ready to launch!!!

• Options
    Agreement reached with jnd1955. Shipping out today or tomorrow. I will post numbers later.

It is later.

Insured #13071300000374518874

Del Con#03062400000127871621
  • Options
    Shipping Confirmation Number 9105 1288 8230 0069 3473 49

Goes out in the Morning Mail, I had a power outage here for about 2 hours while I was working on shipments. Should get there soon.

Tex
  • Options
    In communicato with eyoung429. Message received and responded to.

Will time shipment as per dialogue.
  • Options
    I haven't made it to the PO yet, but will ship my package to Texast after work in the morning. and post #s when I come home.

• Options
    OK, package dropped off and the #s are...

0307 1790 0000 5248 9269

Man at the post office said it should be there by Sat. Even with the holiday. I still wouldn't count on it till Monday.

• Options
    Almost forgot, package sent out yesterday to Musky:

DC: 0305 0830 0002 6870 4844
    Ins: 1307 1300 0001 2583 9197

Hope you like.
  • Options

<< <i>Almost forgot, package sent out yesterday to Musky:

DC: 0305 0830 0002 6870 4844
    Ins: 1307 1300 0001 2583 9197

Hope you like. >>

Your coins went out today
    Signature confirmation
    #2304 3090 0000 1540 4870
    Insured
    #1307 1300 0003 2579 4678
    Hope you likeimage

Woulda sent out yesterday, but ran out of tapeimage

Going back up north "bambi blasting" this weekend

Jim

• Options
    Jim,

You could have waited & sent some venison with those coins! image

Good luck.
    Augie
  • Options
    I believe an agreement has been reached with TC71!
    I will ship as soon as the Post Office is open again. I look forward to the additions to come! Thank you Gary!
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Hope one and all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Gary, I shipped today. The numbers are as follows:

1307 1910 0001 1642 2873

0307 1790 0005 6542 0476