Home U.S. Coin Forum

I got a "second chance offer" on this coin.

Hi. I got a "Second Chance Offer" on THIS COIN. The offer seems exceedingly legitimate and is through Ebay. Two Questions: 1. Am I an idiot for believing a second chance offer? (I know that it is a common scam) and, more importantly, What do you think of the coin?
I collect circulated U.S. silver

Comments

• commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Email the seller and ask. If it's legit, and you like the coin, buy it!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say that that is a very nice coin. DMPL's of this year are not seen often (at least by me). IF the offer came through
    the ebay messages then I think you can be assured that it's a legit offer. Just send a note to the seller to
    confirm that it's correct.
    good luck,
    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Does the offer show in your messages if you log into your ebay account? If it's there it probably is real.
    (be sure to use your normal link to log in, not one from an email)

The coin is nice and in the older holder, if it's in your price range for the grade and look go for it.

Ed
  • From the images, it looks fine. Last June, I purchased an 1886 PCGS MS64 DMPL example from a dealer for $290, so the e-bay price seems in the appropriate ballpark. If you are interested in DMPL Morgans, have a look at an analysis of these on the Steve Estes P.N., Inc. website.
  • fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    from the images you can only tell that it may have potential.
    i am tired of auctions with lousy pics.

this is a great example of pics you cannot grade from.
    russ is an example of a person who can take pics you can grade from.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I use second chance offers. Most are ignored because the concern about them. If it came through e-bay and it is in your e-bay inbox it is most liekly legit. Contact the seller if you have any doubts. --jerry
  • DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd say that that is a very nice coin. DMPL's of this year are not seen often (at least by me). IF the offer came through
    the ebay messages then I think you can be assured that it's a legit offer. Just send a note to the seller to
    confirm that it's correct.
    good luck,
    bobimage >>

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • If it is in your ebay mail box as a second chance offer it is 100% legit.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Exactly! If it's in your messages on your my eBay page, it's legit. It saves the seller from having to incur another set of insertion fees. All he will be made to pay are the FVFs.

I use them all the time when underbidders have placed strong bids and have never had the slightest problem.

Good Luck. Nice coin!image
  • I agree, if it's in your ebay message box, and uses both your name and ebay id, it's legitimate.

• sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    I saw that coin and almost bid on it, already have one of that date in pl, but thought that even though those pictures were very small, the coin looked to be pretty nice and had good potential. If you buy it, please post pics, I want to know if it has cameo and black mirrors, like the pictures suggest.
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • most second chance offers are legit, but I know some sellers who shill bid there own auctions with an alternate ID to drive up the price. If they get stuck being the high bidder, they will send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.

• << <i>most second chance offers are legit, but I know some sellers who shill bid there own auctions with an alternate ID to drive up the price. If they get stuck being the high bidder, they will send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder. >>

this was run up on bids- thanks for posting this- take a look at the other bidders in this group- and then go to the one aka- glenautoman- very interesting person I will say.

I have only 1 time in my life rcvd a 2nd chance- and it was from a competent person that I know- considering I knew he had more than one of the item.

all in all when I hear of someone getting a 2nd shot at a coin that just squeezed a tad over the market price- I see shill bidder written all over it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file