Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Major Auction Houses?

Ok, I'm finally going to buy one of these:

and they seem to frequently show up in the major auction houses. I've checked Mastro, REA and Heritage, but I wonder if there are other prominent auctions I should be checking. Now that I've finally decided to pull the trigger, I want to find one ASAP, so any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Ok, I'm finally going to buy one of these:

and they seem to frequently show up in the major auction houses. I've checked Mastro, REA and Heritage, but I wonder if there are other prominent auctions I should be checking. Now that I've finally decided to pull the trigger, I want to find one ASAP, so any help would be appreciated... >>

lots of fake autos out there on those...make sure you get with psa/dna or jsa...
    I came really close to buying one at the anaheim national, but it didn't have the ted williams on it, and the guy wouldn't negotiate much....
  • Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    What's the going price on those?
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd only consider one with a solid COA. All the major auction houses have PSA or JSA COAs. they seem to go anywhere from $700 to $1700. I'd really like one of the original lithographs from the show in 1988, as opposed to a poster produced later. The original lithos are limited to 1000 items and tend to be on the $1500 or more range. It'll be a year end gift to myself, and I could use something nice in my office. I think that'll do it...

I've honestly wanted one of these since the show back in 1988 where they all appeared. I hope to have mine by the end of the year, but it obviously depends on the supply. What I won't do is buy one with the huge "Hit King Promotions" on the bottom. Bleech.
  • Options
    wait...bonds isn't on there...