Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I looked like such an idiot...

at the p. o. a little while ago. I finished up my last minute Oct. sub and took off to the p.o. I didnt have time at the house to fill out the shipping address or calculate shipping or even tape up the box. It was 9 minutes till 5:00 when we left the house. We just made it in before the doors were locked and the place was packed with people.

I'm standing there with my forms, open box, a roll of packing tape and a large pair of scissors. The scissors were sticking out of my pocket and I'm sure some of the old people there thought I was gonna hold the place up...LOL.

Anyway, we were able to finish the sub standing in line so it worked out okay.

Comments

• samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Right there with you Matt.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    It would have been funny if you left PSA's address at home.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Afternoon,
    Or even more pathetic, dosn't matter if the address is at home, I have it memorized.!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

What's worse is sending the box off to PSA and forgetting to put the cards in it. image
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    So Matt, how about a general idea of what was in the package going to PSA . . .

A handful of Emmitts and Michaels I'm sure. Anything else?
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    did you get you some free packing supplies out the garbage??????image FREE STUFF LOL ,ive done that one before~!!neil your right,i got the addy memorized too!!!!!!! somebody mighta been watching dexter and thought you was the bay harbor butcher lol-guy wth scissors,tape yup thats him ,bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So Matt, how about a general idea of what was in the package going to PSA . . .

A handful of Emmitts and Michaels I'm sure. Anything else? >>

Yes sir. To be exact, 70 cards consisting of mostly Emmitt Smith. Followed by Aikman, Irvin, Moose, one Favre and one Marion Barber.

Most of the Emmitts were thinner jersey cards and low number cards I have had for sometime. Not 10's on most of them but no lower than 8's. I figured the low number jersey cards would sell for the $5.00 grading fee or more on ebay, if I were to purchase them raw. So getting them graded for $5.00 bucks is a good deal.

<< <i>did you get you some free packing supplies out the garbage?????? FREE STUFF LOL ,ive done that one before~!!neil your right,i got the addy memorized too!!!!!!! somebody mighta been watching dexter and thought you was the bay harbor butcher lol-guy wth scissors,tape yup thats him ,bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>

No Randy but that is funny. I always use the boxes I get from PSA for all my subs. I just send them right back to them image
    well, at least ya saved a poor innocent tree from death lol-i saw where they were having a tree sit in out at ucla in berkley,so they couldnt cut em down to build onto college,id could get em out of there in about 6 seconds lol-youd be coming down one way or the other
    me too,they make great cards lol-i like the 55 aa emmitt,that is cool
  • You kill me...My hubby found more Emmitt stuff today. I can't wait.

• << <i>Here is the back Randy

image >>

LMM, Who makes those? I saw a Ricky Williams where it said he 'retired to smoke weed' LMAO! Is it a board member? They look really cool and professionally done.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

LMM, Who makes those? I saw a Ricky Williams where it said he 'retired to smoke weed' LMAO! Is it a board member? They look really cool and professionally done. >>

<< <i>I saw a Ricky Williams where it said he 'retired to smoke weed' LMAO! >>

Yup, his user name is AUPT. he also sent me two Aikmans. They look really sweet and it was a nice gesture on his part.

• << <i>

<< <i>

We also have EVERYTHING AIKMAN.....

LMM, Who makes those? I saw a Ricky Williams where it said he 'retired to smoke weed' LMAO! Is it a board member? They look really cool and professionally done. >>

<< <i>I saw a Ricky Williams where it said he 'retired to smoke weed' LMAO! >>

Yup, his user name is AUPT. he also sent me two Aikmans. They look really sweet and it was a nice gesture on his part. >>

i saw that ricky williams card one here somewhere,that was funny -id like to figure out how to make these,esp for alot of the old guys to auto that didnt have cards back in teeens/20/30s/and ww2

• << <i>It would have been funny if you left PSA's address at home.

image >>

im sure he knows it by heart...
  • AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Yes, those 1955 All-American "updates" are my creations. You can see most of those I've done in my albums on photobucket. I've also done some misc. FB and some baseball.

AUPT 1955 Album
    AUPT Misc. FB
    AUPT Baseball Creations